JCCS 2012 Sep. 15th 2012

Tristin

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im hoping to go down... its right before I start school this year, and Im from SoCal originally so Im hoping to head down there for the show and stay about a week. I havent been home in about 4yrs so Im going to try to hit it up before Im stuck doing school again.

thats a looooooong run

Ive driven it before (not in the Datsun) no problem... I usually sleep well the night before, get on the road about 5am... pull off about 3pm and sleep for about 5hrs. and then make the rest of the journey the next day. I was going to try to talk my buddy into taking the scenic route by coming down the 5 and cutting onto the 101 through San Fran to cross the Golden Gate Bridge, then drive down the coast via the 101/1 and into LA. Although long, it would be a great cruise. In fact, if he doesnt want to go, I may do it myself.

We're tossing around the thought of going also. Brody is from near Redding, so it may be nice for him to see the fam before starting school up too. We did the trek from Redding to Spokane in the 510 sometime around 2005, but not quite as far as So Cal. Could be fun :D

I'm totally down for the required pit stop, but there is indeed not an In N Out in Red Bluff. There is for sure one in Redding though, which is just north of Red Bluff. We would have to stop in Red Bluff anyway to drop off our dog at Brody's parents' on the way down.

I was fairly certain that there was one in Red Bluff... I had this conversation with another Californian friend I worked with us up and I thought we looked it up. I always thought it was in Redding, but I thought I was proven wrong. Oh well, either way I want In N Out.

Im making no promises that Ill be going, but Im going to be trying litterally as hard as I can to get there. The car should make it no problem, but I have to make sure I can get off work for a week and I have gas money.

We did it last year. It's a beautiful drive.. until you get south of Redding. A few hours into the barren nothingness, you start asking yourself, "What was I thinking...?"

JCCS2011-501dan_NissanBluebird_Datsun610_wagon-640x426.jpg

Was quite an experience.. not as fun as Canby, but cool to see, nonetheless.

Ive thought about that... my girlfriend has never had In N Out and has never actually been to California, so I contemplated making a dive run down there, but she says 10hrs is a little far for hamburgers. Im still thinking of doing it though.