Fuse box 620

dastunboy61o

Today my uncle and I worked on my truck today we have a issue with the fuse box ... When turn we the starter key over and stuck a fuse up to the insert ( we took the fuse out ) before u push it back in there was a clicking nosie and which the fuse got hot fast... What would cause a short in the wiring ? On the dash we had a charge light then not the next same with the head lights and park lights ??

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey whats with the fuseable link? Can I not put some 0ga wire and call it a day?

If you don't mind removing the fire protection. The Fusible Link prevents the wiring from BURNING when there is a short. You should fit the exact type and not a different Fusible Link. About $10 at Nissan. If it is still working, do not remove it.

If you think there's a short in the wipers, unplug the wiper motor under the hood. See if the problem goes away.

• Like 1

I got the truck for nothing from a friend. The motor was locked up swapped a l18 in it I think they cut some wires here and there also which misleading to figure out where the short is ... I might have to look over all the fuses maybe some got mixed around to... I think most might have been over 15a or 10a I'll double check... The headlight fuse got hot to also the way bottom one is the only one that gets hot

Two missing fuses will not cause a short. Instead, various things won't work. If they still do, the previous owner probably modified the wiring to bypass the fuse box (which is generally a very bad thing to do).

There are only six fuses. And there are two spare fuses inserted end-on in the middle.

• Like 1
The fuse box still works or my headlights wouldn't be working at all

Not necessarilly true. If a previous owner modified the wiring anything is possible

to test, remove the Head Lamp fuse and see if the headlights stop working.

Look at the Fuse Box cover, there are six Fuses:

IG: Ignition Switch Circuit (only HOT when key is in IGN position)

• 'W' 15 AMP Wiper, Washer, Heater
  • 'M' 10 AMP Meter, Reverse Lights, Alternator Regulator

Battery/Alternator Circuit (always HOT)

• 'L' 15 AMP Head Lamp
  • 'PT' 10 AMP Park lights, Tail lights
  • 'C' 15 AMP Radio, Cigarette lighter, Room lamp
  • 'H' 15 AMP Horn, Stop lights, Hazard lights

• Like 2

sounds like you need to CLEAN the fuse box. Soak it in vinegar for 10 minutes. See http://community.ratsun.net/topic/43389-240z-issues/

Disconnect the battry

Remove all the wires from the fuse box (take a photo first, or write them down carefully which is which)

Take the fuse Box in the house and soak it

Rinse with water with a little Arm & Hammer mixed in. Then rinse with plain water

Let dry thoroughly/overnight

• Like 1

older ones use that fusebox. my 73, the black one, had that box originally. i installed a later box where teh headlights were switched instead of being hot all the time.

Some 620s use this Fuse Box.

23312.jpg

23313.jpg

• Like 1