Sunny's 240z wins Speedhunter's Peoples' Choice

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I'm a bit of a sucker for the stanced style. I don't think I can go as low as some of these other guys, but I would definitely be considering it if I didn't live in San Francisco.

With that said, something about this car doesn't sit well with me... and I know it isn't the wheels. (My own Equips should be coming in soon.)

I give him props for moving away from the flares and customizing the front lip some.. but I don't really like how it looks. =/

Im glad a Datsun won, but that car is "meh" and the pictures are "meh." Im surprised that those were features on Speed Hunters. I do like the look of the interior, but thats about it. Thanks for sharing... overall its a win for the Datto community I guess.

I think it is kind of lame when someone dogs a person because of their "cheap fake wheels", people buy what they can afford and how can you insult someone for staying within their financial means? Do what you can with what you got.

I also think the guys that rock those huge 30"+ wheels should be calling those stancework guys "cheap wheels" since their wheels can cost over 15,000.00.

Im glad a Datsun won, but that car is "meh" and the pictures are "meh." Im surprised that those were features on Speed Hunters. I do like the look of the interior, but thats about it. Thanks for sharing... overall its a win for the Datto community I guess.

In general terms, yes.

Meh honestly i think people are waiting for the next "yuta" for the stanced seen (ew i just said stanced). I honestly hate the whole interwebs fame fitment fucks although stanceworks doesnt have the "fitment" feel on some spotlights most of the time their decently built cars. Its stuff us DATSUN folks know about but l-series trip webers, slammed, legit wheels and fitment make fanboys drool, i mean its koo its his DD though and ive actually seen it on the freeway sometimes. Kawashima(celica) has been doing that cambered stretched shit WAY BEFORE HELLAFLUSH STANCED BULLSHIT WAS AROUND not to mention its a drift car, honestly i think he's trolling todays fads. That is all.

When someone takes a car that was meant to handle, and screws the suspension design enough to make it resemble the handling of a unicorn on a tricycle, I stop caring. Meh. Style is bullshit. Numbers count. I would imagine my D21 4x4 would handle better around the track than that Z. But if he's happy with it, good for him.

Well, a few of the speedhunters guys have 240zs themselves, so the coverage of them is pretty heavy compared to other sites. They probably influence their audience's voting with their love for the Zs as well.

I think its a solid car. I think most of us would be a fan of it if it was in one of our build threads, but since its put on a pedestal we expect more.

When someone takes a car that was meant to handle, and screws the suspension design enough to make it resemble the handling of a unicorn on a tricycle, I stop caring. Meh. Style is bullshit. Numbers count. I would imagine my D21 4x4 would handle better around the track than that Z. But if he's happy with it, good for him.

How do you know a unicorn on a tricycle is the best handling combination?

• Like 1

Well, a few of the speedhunters guys have 240zs themselves, so the coverage of them is pretty heavy compared to other sites. They probably influence their audience's voting with their love for the Zs as well.

I think its a solid car. I think most of us would be a fan of it if it was in one of our build threads, but since its put on a pedestal we expect more.

Like I said, its a decent car. Great audio setup, looks ok, is low, and basic engine upgrades... its nowhere near ride of the year status.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump

I'm glad a guy that isn't filthy rich but one of us built a car, and is continuing to build it and wants to build a stroker one day for his car. but only focus right now is driving his datto. Won readers choice award.

I hope he joins ratsun one day.

"To each his own"