1980 L20b 720 Extra cab runs rough after new head gasket

Captain Crazy

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems fixed now :rofl: . I took out bolt #81, but was having trouble trying to get the larger jet #83 out with the metal heat plate in the way, so I went ahead and pulled the carb. When I took out the smaller jet #80 I could see a mirco spec of what looked like plastic. Then I cleaned out the bowl/float area, it seemed pretty clean. The carb gasket between the metal plate and the carb got torn so i put a little sealer on the tear :crying: ."IN THE past I had a hard time FINDING NEW carb MOUNTING gaskets" I also tighten all the screws on the underside of carb, they seemed a bit loose,I also tighten all the other i seen around the carb. Took it out for a spin, it seems good now. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nice bro, glad to hear it... Btw love the 67 nova, my first car was a 62 but always wanted a 66-67

I had 67 for around 13 yrs, Paid $1500 for it when it was a bomber. I changed the Motor, trans and rear end when I got it. It had a 305 that had a knock in the motor, The guy I bought it from gave me a 283 and 350 turbo trans. I put those in. The rear end had a whine to it, so I bought one out of a 63 4 door for $40 and put that in. I had my Brother inlaw paint it in my back yard.$500 on paint, $600 for his Labor and about $400 on new bumpers, Door handles Drip rails and a Valance . Pretty much did everything on the cheap. Hagerty insurance only charges Around $130 a yr for $13,000 full coverage. I had a couple trick 65s in the 80s and a 66 I never finished back then because I got married and had my 1st son on the way. Here's a youtube of the 67. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APKGa2AP7zg

Thanks guys for your tec help. I love my 80 Datsun and it pretty much is my Daily Driver. I'll put a pic of it up soon.

I hate these wacky smogs law, I wish they would bump it to cars over 25 yrs old. My 1980 Datsun 720 extra cab Failed last Sept 2011. I got my fees paid and insurance. But driving with old tags. can the police still hassle me?