various datsun 521 parts wanted

I am after some 521 parts, only problem is I am in Australia, so if you're willing to accept paypal and post to Oz that would be great.

Here is a list of parts I am after,

2 x window winders (Black)

Chrome C piece on the inside of the front left gaurd around the headlight

Glove box lock if it has no keys don't matter

Original ariel

Fuel door with lock, if it has no keys doesn't matter.

Left side sun visor with screws, white almost pale blue colour.

The white heater knob

Obviously would prefer items in good condition but I do understand these are 40+ year old parts.

Please PM me if have have something and what you're wanting for it. Also if possible could I get pictures of the items you may have.

Is there anyone willing to help with this, I was thinking to have parts posted to one place in the U.S. and then have them posted together as 1 instead of paying international postage on mulitple items?

Thank you for your help.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a fuel door lock on ebay, I beleave this guy has also had the fuel door and lock in the past.

http://www.ebay.com/...62f335e&vxp=mtr

Ask this guy about the glovebox lock also, he's not cheap, but when your the only game in town........

Here is the jack and tool bag with lug wrench on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/...f972bc3&vxp=mtr

Thanks guys, yeah have seen these.

Yeah lock a little too much, not in that much of a rush for one.

As for tool kit he wants $105 to post to Oz and I only need tool bag and lever as I have jack and handles already.

• 3 weeks later...

Any help with the rust sections would be greatly appreciated, I have 4 weeks to get these sections so I can atleast get my car registered as my wife has borrowed a family members car for the next 6 weeks as she is fed up with only having 1 car between us.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a 521 just put in the local wrecking yard two days ago, I can go take a look tomrrow. It's a pick-n-pull, so prices are moderate.

Are you familiar with price of shipping from USA to AUS? I sent fender trim it was $180 for shipping 2 kg. It's the size not weight that matters. And that was 6-11 day shipping.

update your list and I'll try to get all of what you need if the parts are still there and good.

That would be awesome, thank you.

The main items I am after are;

2 x window winders (Black)

Chrome C piece on the inside of the front left gaurd around the headlight (priority)

Original speaker box and ariel

Bonnet release cable.

Complete front left headlight assembly, but don't need the lights/globes (priority)

These would be a bonus;

Hazard light mounting bracket and also the wiring plug off the loom with atleast 4 inches of the loom

Cigarette lighter with bracket

Door locking knobs,

The white heater knob

These would be added bonuses;

Left side sun visor with screws, white almost pale blue colour.

Glove box lock if it has no keys don't matter

The Low horn (L only as already have the H one)

Fuel door with lock, if it has no keys doesn't matter.

Tool kit/bag and tyre lever

I looked at the USPS web site and this would probably be the best way to post, http://ircalc.usps.c...3&p=0&o=1&mt=11

using the 23-11/16" x 11-3/4" x 3" box or http://ircalc.usps.c...3&p=0&o=1&mt=12 using the 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8" box. The only thing is the headlight assembly being a little bit taller so the spot welds on the bracket may need to be drilled out and bracket removed(prefered) or bent over to fit.

DSC00456.jpg

As for the reapir sections, don't worry about these I will try making them.

Once again, thanks heaps.

We headed out to the yard that ggzilla was referring to and I took your list with me. For the most part, the truck is pretty straight, but of course the front had some damage. So, the C piece around the outside of the headlight was damaged, but I pulled the headlight assembly, and the L horn, and the husband pulled the hazard light switch, bracket and knob for you.

The husband started pulling the hood release cable for you, but the cable was breaking, so we didn't feel that it was worth pulling it. I also was going to pull the visor, but it was filthy, and a little deformed, so again, didn't feel that it was worth pulling.

I also have the interior door lock knobs, but pulled them a few nights ago, so they aren't in this photo.

Let me know if you want all of these pieces, and if so, how soon you want this stuff and we can figure out shipping and whatnot. Before we ship anything we'll test the horn and the switch to make sure they actually work.

IMG_0442.jpg

:lol: haha, what time did you go? We left around 3:30 or 4.

That truck was crazy! I can't believe someone let it go. "Running / carb floods" was written on the windshield. Such a shame. We took everything that was quick and worth two shits on Friday night (we got there 20 minutes before closing), and then went back today for some minor things, and I took this guy's list with me.

This is the shit we pulled on Friday... (I'm hijacking this thread real quick :sneaky: )

IMG_0438.jpg

Oh, which reminds me.... 521ute, we now have a spare stock stereo and speaker, but we're not ready to part with either quite yet. We haven't installed anything into our truck, but once we do, I'll give you first dibs on taking what we don't use if you still haven't found something and want them. We're moving in two weeks (to a temporary location), so our projects are going on hold indefinitely until we find somewhere permanent to go.

We must have missed you there literally by minutes.

Yeah, there was actually only one chain, and I didn't see the other anywhere around the truck, so I took what I could get.

I tried messaging you, as it sounds like you have some parts for Clive, but it gave me a message saying that you can't receive anymore messages. I'm not sure when you plan on hitting up another local meet, but if you want to let me know, then we can make the handoff. We'll probably be at the Carl's Jr meet on Saturday for a brief period, but other than that, I'm not sure of any others scheduled right now.

I got to it at 3:58 today. Must have just missed you.

So that's who got the tailgate chains! I wonder if the L16 is good, looks like the radiator was leaking. It has a 210 head (don't they all)

Tried to message you but saying you are blocked, can you email me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.