wtb: '72 510 stuff.

here is a short list of things I need, I am sure it wil grow

rear bumper w/ Brackets and front bumper (need by end of may)

Interior Rear Pillar vents

drivers side lower rear quarter or whole quarter panel
620 centre console (i already have the jockey box)
2x 521 speaker boxes 
green lighter (280z/zx?)
Cam Oil Spray Bar (z/zx spray bar shortened or L16 nismo)

240z Flat top pistons

'70-'73 510 Tail lights w/harnesses (need by end of may)

green headlight and washer switches from 620
70-72 tail light panel rear lower valance (I think that is what it is called)
front drivers side floor tnx datwifey and brodster

I am in Canada so shipping is required.

shipping will be to

Nanaimo, BC
Canada
V9S 4R5

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a tail light panel in very workable condition, lower valance is shot though. i also have lower quarters that are in fair condition too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

510freak was over dropping some stuff off the other day and checked out my 510 he pointed out that there is supposed to be somesort of white box for the choke system here.

so that white box is on my want list now.

edit: noted that the white box is not needed

The white box is stuff to deal with a dual points distributor. Most 510's don't have them because they rip all that crapola out of their dime. It's not needed unless you want it to be bone stock. Personally I can't think of a reason why somebody would to find one of those unless they absolutely needed it. Same goes for the relay mounted on the radiator. I ripped all that crap out and removed it entirely from the harness many years ago.

Plus, most of those parts are old worn out and don't even function any more. I wouldn't focus money on something like that until you know for sure if you want to even have it. IMHO it's just another thing to go bad in an engine bay and as most of you know, I'm not exactly a fan of dual point distributors, so maybe I'm biased?

Well if you're going to be running an electronic ignition, you don't need the white box/throttle switch. You can ignore that. You can also remove the relay off the radiator as well. Not sure on what year this was, but I'm pretty confident it's all third gear/throttle positiion stuff on the later 510's for smog. I can't imagine any of it being of benefit... Hell it could be used on automatic stuff as well. No clue. :/

But I'm confident you can remove that from your list, unless you're wanting it for... aesthetics.. or something. Lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.