Fuel Neck, Filler, Hose?

Anyone know where I can get these parts? I've looked online everywhere and there seems to be no replacement oem for these.

Right now the neck is just a rubber hose, and from what i've seen on here it's supposed to be a metal fuel neck that goes to the fuel tank. thanks.

Another option is getting a new fuel tank.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

510_016A_1_vga.png

The number 30 part is the one that is hard to find. The diagram shows 2 different number 30 parts. The one above and to the right is a one piece section that runs from the filler door to the tank and is all rubber. I believe it was on the early cars. The shorter one in the other section is also rubber and connects to a metal tube/pipe section and that connects to the tanks via a straight short section of rubber.

This is what the short one looks like.

510EX25.jpg

$(KGrHqVHJFYFBsN!--ooBQi,Cuu24!~~60_57.JPG

510EX26A.jpg.jpg

This is what the longer one looks like.

510EX26.jpg

The rubber ones have be NLA (No Longer Available) from Nissan for quite a while. They do show up on eBay from time to time. Not cheap when they are available.

The metal tube is on ebay right now.

http://www.ebay.com/...49e5c40&vxp=mtr

If you can find a decent original #30, that is the way to go. I checked with my Nissan dealer over a year ago and he couldn't get one. Maybe a different dealer might have one. This is one option:

http://dimequarterly...iller-neck.html

I did something similar with the metal filler neck from a 620 PU and a length of good quality fuel hose. But the flange where it goes through the fender isn't quite the right angle, so I need to work on that part of it. But it works the way I have it.

Len

So is it worth looking for one or buying a Fuel Cell ?

Depends.

Do you want to have to open your trunk every time you fill your tank?

Would you put the fuel cell in the location where the stock tank is now to keep it safe

or give up your spare tire well and/or trunk space and mount it where it would be right in the way for a rear end collision?

Datsun placed the fuel tank behind the rear seat so it would be safe.

Don't think it can happen to you?

How many people do you see texting, applying makeup, shaving, reading, etc. while driving?

95.jpg

I sold a used long version of part number 30 for $100 about 4 months ago. I have seen new ones fetch $250 for the long version and $200 for the short one. By the time you buy a fuel cell and relocate the fuel lines, it is still less money to use the right part and easier to install too. They are out there. Just have to work a little to find one. Place a wanted ad on here and the 510 realm. Keep an eye on ebay. Do a search for "Datsun 510 Fuel" and "Datsun 510 gas" and search newly listed items everyday.

I might have an extra NOS short one but I would want an arm and a leg to part with it. :rofl: :w00t:

I just remembered an article in the DQ that shows how to install a newer fuel filler neck from another car. This may be an option too.

Volume 6 issue 2

Page 8

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0ByCvxnHNk90SYzc4N2E1MWEtMzg0MC00YTE4LTkxZGQtM2RjODA5ODA1YjU1/edit?pli=1&docId=0ByCvxnHNk90SMmMxOTc5MTItN2Q3OC00OWIyLTgzZDMtMzM4MTMyMTI2Y2Ri

I hope the link works.

I just remembered an article in the DQ that shows how to install a newer fuel filler neck from another car. This may be an option too.

Volume 6 issue 2

Page 8

https://docs.google....zM4MTMyMTI2Y2Ri

I hope the link works.

added to my shopping list for the JY... i forgot how much a pain it was to fill up.