93 Eclipse gs Widebody

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate to say it but for the total shit it was b4 they dont look bad. im gonna assume its the blurry photos till i get motre proof. its so hard to like this thing since i have so much hate for the widebody fwd cornering machine!

That looks SO much better than before ...... . do you have a block sander?? ......... once you have some fiberglass/resin strength you can start making it FLAT

once it's halfway flat with alot of low spots,,, you can start bondo .......... after a few coats of bondo/sanding... use masking tape to make definitive body lines,,,,, and then peel the tape off when the bondo is still wet

use fiberglass cloth in the wet bondo if it's more than 1/2" thick

That looks SO much better than before ...... . do you have a block sander?? ......... once you have some fiberglass/resin strength you can start making it FLAT

once it's halfway flat with alot of low spots,,, you can start bondo .......... after a few coats of bondo/sanding... use masking tape to make definitive body lines,,,,, and then peel the tape off when the bondo is still wet

use fiberglass cloth in the wet bondo if it's more than 1/2" thick

no bondo! that body filler crap killed my dad's camaro. I'm using a thing called gelcoat, boat builders use it and its part of the fiberglassing process, used it on my whale tail, so just t let you know that black spoiler and hood aren't spray paint, its gelcoat. the Fender's will use white gelcoat instead of black. yeah my phone is a terrible at photo's, my dad has a badass camera but he's a truck driver and has it with him all the time. Well glad to see everyone's not hating it as much after the twaron, I understand the dislike's for body mod's eric, thats why you have your car and I have mine. also, all I do is block sand, everything is block sanded and hand sanded, never used a power sander.

not much of an update really, twaron was showing to be a bit soft in some spots so added a little reason to harden it up, should be dry today so I can get more work done on her, my rear brackets are gonna have to be moved a little and I'm currently waiting on metal to make the passenger side fenderwell.

it will if I i want it too! I never had any issues with torque steer, if I remember correctly, the driveshafts are the same length to prevent torque steer. I've had the car spin out on me once and it was my fault and the crappy tires I had. when i spun out I learned trying to do 70 around a 90* angle, is not a good idea, bad road, bad tires, careless driving. I can blame a million things but I'm not blaming the car. plus I never said no suspension mods, just none til the body is done.

wat. you don't have torque steer because your car is slow. My dad's 300hp Mazdaspeed 3 will torque steer all the way up to 100 mph..

And how in the world do you manage to spin a FRONT WHEEL DRIVE car? I seriously hope you plan on taking some high performance driving classes or something before you take this out for some canyon runs... you'll crash the car and waste all this time doing this "body kit"

rustina, you don't seem to understand the kinda of stress that puts on the rearend, that drifitng crap is what my z and rx7 are all about. ofg, fwd car's have completely different floorpans, if I trully wanted to go that far i'd just toss a v8 or a rotary in there and call it done.

wtf???? Driving a FWD car hard is worse on the drive train than drifting a RWD car is.

Was the car designed to be rwd? Is that rear diff made to take the entire force of pulling the entire car? I looked up removing the front drivelines to make ian awd into a rwd before, people said that it was a bad idea and kills your diff. How do I spin out a fwd car on a back road with all sorts of cracks, close to bald tires, being a teenager, and only having my liscense for about 2 months at that time. I admit I got overly confidet, and didn't takin' all the variables, were talking about problems that have yet to occur. My car is slow? My friends crx has terrible torque steer but even I can tell my eclipse if faster, so either his car makes gobs of power cause it has torque steer, unlikely, or not all fwd cars are played with torque steer. And yeah I got bored and post some pointless bs, but I did more trimming so all that excess stuff on the lip is gone, gonna be taking some photo's tomorrow, might try out this camera I found lying around my house if I can get it to work. I'm gonna be defensive about my car and tell people what I think is a bad idea just like everyone else does.

Ya know there are body kit out there with useless lines that really do ruin the cars overall look as you've so cleverly pointed out "uber deaf one" me building a body that isn't completely pointless and riddled with random air holes is a terrible idea.

I was trying to lighten everyone up...

Cause fast and the furious is a fucking joke... get it?

Dude, Don't listen to what anyone says, its your car you can do what YOU want with it, you're driving it not anyone else.

No offense but, i don't think the eclipse is a "cool" car so if you fuck it up... so what?

People hate on Datsuns.. but do we Give a shit?

Do you think I give a shit what people think of my car? I have a FC too, and believe me the amount of people that tell me that Rotary is garbage, or that I should flush it is amazing..

Yet I don't give a single fuck. (well i don't drive it sooo....)

I hgope you dont plan on doing a widebody on your z. :sick:

if you do, go to a body work class...../

and remember body work isnt for everyone. :poke:

Wow, can we wait on the negative comments about the body itself until it is done?

One can comment about the general idea of a Widebody car, and of a FWD one. But until we see the final product of what he is making, refrain from calling his workmanship "crap"

So far, from an unfinished stand point, at least you can see flowing body lines.

Lets just wait to see how he cleans it up.

Ya know there are body kit out there with useless lines that really do ruin the cars overall look as you've so cleverly pointed out "uber deaf one" me building a body that isn't completely pointless and riddled with random air holes is a terrible idea.

I didn't say anything about the car's looks... I just said you might end up crashing the car, thus wasting all this time you've put into it.

difference between me and a ricer is, I'm not going to autozone for useless scoops and I'm not a total douchebag. yeah, real easy to point out crappy body work when the car isn't even finished yet, that like saying you suck at rust repair becuase you just bought a car with rusted out floors, the car isn't finished, god damn. hwy does everyone seem to hate wide-bodies? if I were doing this to anything but a 1g eclipse I'm might understand where you guys are coming from, if the car weren't fwd would that make a difference to any of you?

i smell ricccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ollz

Jalen, you cant talk any shit... look at your POS Z.

difference between me and a ricer is, I'm not going to autozone for useless scoops and I'm not a total douchebag. yeah, real easy to point out crappy body work when the car isn't even finished yet, that like saying you suck at rust repair becuase you just bought a car with rusted out floors, the car isn't finished, god damn. hwy does everyone seem to hate wide-bodies? if I were doing this to anything but a 1g eclipse I'm might understand where you guys are coming from, if the car weren't fwd would that make a difference to any of you?

Just ignore everyone thats talking shit... it will make your thread easier. Most people here arent into widebodies, or Eclipses, or FWD so youre a little screwed. Just keep going with your project if it makes you happy; seems like youre doing fine. And for the record, Ive seen a few 4G drivetrains converted to RWD without a lot of issues. People talk a lot of shit about projects when they have never done them themselves... locking up the diff is easy and it can take the abuse. Me personally would just convert to RWD instead of force the FWD to RWD. There is a whole community out there building RWD Mitsu engines. Check out http://projectzerog.com/forum/

I'm sure there's plenty of things I could point out on everybody else's cars that I don't like, but I'm not a jack ass so i don't do it, going around tell people how much you think they suck is a dick move.

People do it in a lot of threads, its not just you. Go into Jalens thread if you want to see some hate. Just keep on going and posting updates... most of the people here just like to see pictures and someone putting in some real effort into a car.