So yesterday I was able to:

• get my transmission mount fabricated and installed

• tack the motor mounts into place

• installed the gauges in the dash

So pretty much all I have left is:

• run the engine harness and wire that up along with the gauges

• have the drive shaft cut and the KA trans yoke welded on

• install electric fuel pump

So in reality, I could feasibly have this completed in a good weekend if I can get away from all the distractions

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Things accomplished since my last post

• Cut the floor for the shifter

• Modified the Trans member after seeing how low it sat

• Modified the center console to accommodate the new shifter location

• Electric fuel pump installed

• Modified the pedal assembly to accept the cable throttle

• Installed Nismo short throw shifter left over from my s14 when it had a KA (FYI if you install the shifter in backwards, bend to the front, it seems to work better and will work with oem center console)

• Drive shaft reinstalled ( you can use either the stock 710 yoke or a 240sx yoke in the 240sx manual Trans... 42" from center to center should be just about right for the KA yoke and 40" with the 710 yoke)

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry I have been AWOL lately guys... I have been busy with the first year of my sons life... We also moved to a bigger house in Nov 2012(I did most of the moving during hurricane Sandy) but I was still able to work out of the garage at my old house for a while... Around Feb or March of 2013 I packed my whole garage up all my tools and work materials into my 28' enclosed trailer where it still is) and moved my cars to the new house (which doesn't have a suitable garage for working and all my tools)... The weather conditions here haven't exactly been the best especially for working outside... I recently made room to actually get the Datsun inside so I can get this car up and running here soon... This past thanksgiving I completed my Nissan Motors trifecta... As most of you know I have a fully built RB25DET S14 240sx which is not suitable for a car seat since it doesn't have a back seat and is caged... My KA710 in progress... And now I have picked up a supercharged 04 Infiniti G35 sedan

As I complete more things on the car I will post updates

Will - that's awesome that the motor got you that far I knew it was a good strong motor but just not my thing and the whole leaving me on the road a few times really disgruntled me but I'm sure most of it was due to that ignition box

Will - that's awesome that the motor got you that far I knew it was a good strong motor but just not my thing and the whole leaving me on the road a few times really disgruntled me but I'm sure most of it was due to that ignition box

Yeah - that might be it - I've been running it with a pretty standard matchbox ignition, and it's been trouble-free other than a slow oil leak somewhere near the front of the engine. (leak near the fan = drops of oil get blown everywheres.)

Sadly it seems that the KA24DER.com guys aren't producing any kits right now so the supercharger I just bought won't be used :(

On the up side I may keep it for a later date but until then I will prob just use the GT3076R I have laying around since I can pick up a turbo manifold for almost nothing...

If they ever start making the kits again maybe I'll dual charge

New part... I'm tired if trying to make the shifter work with the center console in the car so I came across this gem for fairly cheep... So I got it... Should be fun as well as a rare piece

1959891_10152298666544933_1415282332_n.j