My 75 710 hard top build thread...

toadx8u

as some of you know im currently deployed to afghanistan and i puchased my 75 710 while i was home on leave for 2500....here are some pics of the car the day after i brought her home...

2052489_300.jpg

2052495_300.jpg

2052494_300.jpg

2052493_300.jpg

2052492_300.jpg

2052491_300.jpg

2052490_300.jpg

i have a couple small things waiting for her at home....composite headlight upgrade and a MK1 VW front air dam....

i am looking for a 510 front bumper if anyone knows of one for sale

ill drop an update in a few weeks when im home

• Like 1
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

current mods list:

L20b with flat top pistons

weber 32/36 carb

Msd 6a ignition with blaster coil

electronic dist

Oldenberg camber plates

280zx brake conversion

porterfield pads

kyb struts

ground control coilovers

300zx leather seats

formuling france steering wheel with Datsun horn button

15x7 Konig rewind wheels with bridgestone 205/50/15 tires

200sx dogleg 5spd

centerforce 2 clutch set

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

went and picked up a KA and Manual trans for my car the other day the KA already has some mods to it including the 248/248 cam upgrade where you use 2 exhaust cams to get more flow and a better exhaust note also picked up a 4-2-1 headder for the KA....i also went ahead and removed the moldings that were only partially there anyways and upgraded my headlights to a H4 composite type housing...and i have an appointment at the glass shop to get a new windshield installed....hopefully as soon as its tagged i can get started on working on the KA swap esp b4 the cold weather gets here i hate not having a choke cable

does anyone have any ideas on the exhaust issue im getting ready to run into as well? my car has a completely stock exhaust currently on it and i plan on utilizeing the full capacity of the headers 3" output along with some randome 240sx exhaust parts to get things going in the right direction...but i will be usuing manderals and i was considering a mid mounted muffler kinda like what comes from the factory but using a nice flowing performance flowmaster 44 series (http://www.summitrac...rts/FLO-943045/)

Edit: i forgot to mention if anyone is interested in any of the following items either together or seperate let me know

L20b with flat top pistons

weber 32/36 carb

Msd 6a ignition with blaster coil

electronic dist

200sx dogleg 5spd

centerforce 2 clutch

....went and picked up a KA and Manual trans for my car the other day the KA already has some mods to it including the 248/248 cam upgrade where you use 2 exhaust cams to get more flow and a better exhaust note....

The KA24DE already has two exhaust cam lobes to work the two exhaust valves. I don't follow.

...does anyone have any ideas on the exhaust issue im getting ready to run into as well? my car has a completely stock exhaust currently on it and i plan on utilizeing the full capacity of the headers 3" output along with some randome 240sx exhaust parts to get things going in the right direction...but i will be usuing manderals and i was considering a mid mounted muffler kinda like what comes from the factory but using a nice flowing performance flowmaster 44 series (http://www.summitrac...rts/FLO-943045/)

Unless you have a turbo you don't need a 3" exhaust. 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 would be plenty. On a stock motor your stock pipe is fine and keeps the exhaust speed up and this inertia helps pull the exhaust out of the cylinders. Too big and the speed drops and so does the scavenging effects. This can reduce power at low to mid range speeds where you drive 99.999% of the time. A larger low restriction muffler is a good idea but they usually are too loud. Loud sells mufflers but loud does not mean more power.... it's just loud.

Not 2 lobes 2 exhaust cams... You put an exhaust cam on the intake side from a 91-93 an it gives you more duration and lift just google KA dual exhaust cam swap

New windshield has been installed in the 710 the glass company broke 3 trying to get them here...guess you just can't hire good help these days...and I hope I never have to get another since they scoured the country looking for the ones they broke...so I'm taking the car to get tagged this week and then I'll be driving it

All the 240sx headers I tried don't fit .. 510 front sump sway bars don't fit ,, you'll need a completely custom transmission crossmember, with room for eaxuast,,, even if you do most of the work yourself, it might take you 1-2 years and $3-7k ... I'd rather have a L20b

I don't reccomend the KA510 radiator on ebay,,, I have one and it's too small... I'm looking for a bigger/better one

..... let me know if you need any pics of my KA24DE swap,,, I should have it back in a few weeks

• Like 1

pics are always welcome just email them to me toadx8u@yahoo.com.....im not worried anout anything that doesnt fit i have a plasma cutter, mig and tig welders...so ill get her in there the best i can...im thinkin that the mounts are the key to getting every thing in there....as for the radiator i was gonna measure the actual KA radiator and see how it would fit and if that wont work ill measure the size i want and get with Mishimotos customer support and see what size cores they have that are close to the size i want....thanks for all the support pics coming soon...

• 3 weeks later...

i dont either although i did see the one that Abe made with it pushed back to the body and it didnt look too bad...i sent him a message about getting it off of him but no reply yet...i just need something to get me thought inspection since a front and rear bumper are required and this was the best thing i could come up with other then a 2x4 bolted to some brackets....lol

I like it, but it might look a little better if the top bar was shorter than the bottom, or the ends were cut at an angle to follow the angle of the fender line?

It's a tricky situation, since the 710 has so many lines to contend with!!

It is black now that was just a mock up picture.... Thanks for the design ideas I may take and slash idea to mind and I'll take another pic with it in black.... Constructive criticism is always welcome