71 510 Project (Ellaway)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thing?...thingy.jpg

That circled part will be 40 mm which is what the stock 510 is, you need to measure the bottom hole in the strut that the circled part fits into. Is it 40 mm or 54 mm?

Here's a picture of the area that you have to measure, this is a 200sx V-6 strut bottom (54 mm);

DSC00006-5.jpg

I make bumpsteerspacers that go from these struts to the 510 steering arm;

DSC00001-6.jpg

I'll check as soon as I get the chance... Depending on what it is, what would the maxima caliper/rotor, or 200sx caliper/rotor be compatible with, it would probably just be easier to find 280zx rotor/caliper and get the 280zx conversion coilovers?...

Well thats a good deal then. Let me know whenever you get those parts back and we will get to work on the girl. Just keep making a good stockpile of awesome parts, and we will do a full sweep install when you come in... we will go all beast-mode on the car.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Update!...

Went to the junk yard for a windshield wiper motor for my 200sx (lady rear ended me the same week and totaled her =[ ), stumbled across a 280zx that still had it's front struts/calipers/rotors/brake pads, with some no name coilovers, bought all for $30, score, so the suspension is all done...

However the tranny mount broke so the transmission is resting on the frame, and I need to get slightly higher motor mounts, about an inch because I replaced the inner outer tie rods and center link and the center link is rubbing on the tranny...

Got new lights, housing and bulbs, the two on the driver side are bright but the two on the right are dim, and I can't seem to fix it, checked the ground and cleaned the wires, might have to just replace all the wires...

Also have a buddy that is going to weld in some new floor pans here soon!...

A little late, but youre welcome! I was wondering what happened to you...

I posted that last year after I got them from you, lol...

"Wait, so you were rear ended?- in the Dime?"

No, luckily it was the 200sx...

I posted that last year after I got them from you, lol...

"Wait, so you were rear ended?- in the Dime?"

No, luckily it was the 200sx...

I meant I was late with the "Youre welcome." Sucks about the accident, but at least it wasnt the 510. 

What junkyard did you get the strut parts from ,  local ? do you remember what color the interior was?

fyi ,,, my 17 year old son used to creeper you when his girlfriend lived over by the lake. :ninja:

:lol:

What junkyard did you get the strut parts from ,  local ? do you remember what color the interior was?

fyi ,,, my 17 year old son used to creeper you when his girlfriend lived over by the lake. :ninja:

:lol:

Interior was tan I believe, it was at pick a part in tumwater, I have to swing by work tomorrow to pick up something, so I'll swing by pick a part and see if it's still there...

He did?, hahaha...

Yeah, he be lurkin, but he has a thing for newer box style type Datsuns though,,,,, so your safe.

Ok, yeah i re-read about the weird coilover goings on i am positive i seen that one, and it must not have had anything i could use, interior wise.... I am surprised that the struts were still there though cuz i have posted on here to at least 3 members to go look at them .... what`s up with that??

Thanks man

Yep, that'd be the zx I swiped the struts off of, lol...

I don't know if I need a new tranny yet, asides from needing a new clutch plate relatively soon, just need to fix or get a new mount for it, although I have no idea what type of mount is on it..

do u remeber some tool(coworker..) at your work (assuming u work at costco..)asking u about your car ... he was driving a wrx painted like a adidas shoe

F595E0E3-2BF1-46A0-B6B6-F3B6C62E90A4-153

he sent me ...

234FBEA8-56A4-4108-AB31-376B81AC06FC-153

and has mentioned seeing your car several times ... i have yet to see it round town...

phixius has said he has seen u a few times.....

An Adidas shoe, hahaha...

I live out in Lacey, I was seasonal at Costco so I haven't been out there much and lately I've been riding my bike there since the weather is nice, but I start back next week so it'll be around in the area more often...

• Like 1