Steve Jr. AKA "Junior" 1971 4-door KA24E 510 Daily

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

been workin on the car again lately. took it off the road to beef up the fuel delivery system. -6 AN lines...mmmmmm :P not done yet but here's some other little stuff that we've been doing sealed truck lid 29E53BB2-A5F2-4B43-94F0-95FB240CE310-503

looking good, but i'm confused...isn't the truck seal supposed to go around trunk opening not trunk lid? :confused:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

FINALLY! I've gotten rid of my sketchy battery post in the engine bay! haha. If you look at the post swap pics of Junior you'll notice a battery cable and terminal sort of floating where the battery's positive post would have been. This was never supposed to be a permanent fix but once I got on the road these things get pushed to the back of the priority list. but finally, its gone, took me half a year and my starter going out (I was already in there messing with the wiring to fix the starter, figured what the hey) to get off my ass and do it. 

Now to replace the shitty intake held together by duct tape...

IMG_6021_zps0450545b.jpg

I can't decide if I like the engine bay better with or without the strut tower brace. thoughts?

also beauty shot, because I haven't been taking pics of cars lately and I need to start doing that again...

36ca8aec-ed59-4d69-9f34-113f2e0dcd6e_zps

EDIT: How could I forget!??!!?! I also moved into the modern times...

th_1CFC6817-565C-45DF-ADC2-2C3D23E352D3-

Hood strut....Oh YEAHHHHH!

Kool-AidMan.jpeg

• Like 1

yeah I don't think 510's need them either. thats why I'm not sure about it. Its a matter of aesthetics at this point and I  value more, the cleanliness of having it off or the added bling factor of having it there (not much on my car is still shiny...)

I think I'm leaning towards off...I think...GAH indecisiveness is a bitch haha

I haven't taken pictures in forever and canby is but a few months away so I played around with my Nikon some. I've been playing with lighting/taking pictures in low light/night so I can control the light. Clearly there's a lot of light pollution around my apartments parking lot (a good thing I'm sure since its a college town and plenty of females live in this apt...just a hindrance for me...)

anyways, here's what I got from tonight. There are more, I only took like 15 shots, I'm just trying to figure out how different things work. Once I figure out a technique I like I plan to take Jr out to some actual shoot location and try to get something poster worthy. Thats really why I started to get back into photography lately...I've got a JCCS poster on my wall that wants some company...but no one really makes datsun posters...so I've set out to make my own :D

edit: the angles arent ideal, I don't have a tripod so I had to work with angles that I could get by setting the camera down. my shutter speed ranged from 4 to 10 seconds in these pics so if I didnt have the camera on something it would be blurred. I'm gonna see about "borrowing" one of my dad's tripods, he's got a few he's not using.

DSC_0968_zps214deea9.jpg

here's one of the photo above with some of the harsh redness taken out

fd5fe9b3-a4a9-4b47-af34-73bf56a149a1_zps

DSC_0977_zpsf213749c.jpg

DSC_0978_zpse2c7ded3.jpg

DSC_0983_zps02cec82b.jpg

I'm gonna go play with editing these and stuff...any input/tips from the photography guys on here is/are apreciated  :thumbup:

• 1 year later...