WTB: 510 Wagon lowering blocks and u-bolts

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump. Still looking.

U bolts

I ended up having a local bolt supplier make me some. They were 59 bucks or so with nuts and washers.(i am north of seattle wa) I found some online that were close but not close enough..... There are also places online that will make them whatever size you want but by the time you pay for shipping, you can have them made locally..... The size i went with is 1/2-20 threads. The reason i went with SAE threads is that I could not find metric threads on the u bolts. Going this route you have to drill out the factory holes in the plate the u bolts go through. Here is the print I made for these. It would be a good idea for you to pull one of yours out and double check the length. The thread length is a min. Dimension.... if there is more its fine, just don't go any less than that.

Lowering blocks

I made my own at work.......

2012-02-11160534.jpg

untitled.jpg

If you go to ( or call ) a nut and bolt dealer they can usually direct you to a local bender..try a truck parts dealer, that`s where i got mine made while i stood there, for just less than $60. and since you can hold them up to the original there`s no guessing if they will fit.

the lowering blocks can usually be purchased locally also ,,because they use them to lift trucks.. So having a double use they sell alot of them,,which means the blocks are usually on the shelf.

a quick search of the site.

I believe these are it, Belltech 6202 --- 3" block with 2degree rake or w/e

Are the u-bolts on the Belltech kit are the wrong size? They say 3" axle tube, but the diagram from cl72wagon says 2.625" space on the bolts/axle tube. I really would like to know the correct dimensions, rather than guesses, because that just wastes everybody's time, including people who read this thread later.

I dont even know, i haven't started on my wagon yet.

The rear diff will smack your car if you go to low. I think 2-3" is max, then you gotta cut down the rubber bump stop. You can flip the rear overload spring on the leafs and drop it a bit that way too. Its free, just need a c clamp to help get the springs back together. Believe it was about a 2" drop.

I dont even know, i haven't started on my wagon yet.

The rear diff will smack your car if you go to low. I think 2-3" is max, then you gotta cut down the rubber bump stop. You can flip the rear overload spring on the leafs and drop it a bit that way too. Its free, just need a c clamp to help get the springs back together. Believe it was about a 2" drop.

That is what leaceon and I have done. It's about a inch drop and it also really stiffens up the rear.

But it's not enough, I want to go a inch or two lower so the tire barely tucks into the wheel well

I guess its about an inch drop. You could use the same U-bolts. You might get away with using a 1" block and stock U-joints. Check and see how much meat is left on the threads. I'd want at least the entire nut to be on the Ujoint itself to feel good about driving it, with lock washer or w/e

U bolts come with the kit and they fit.

You can try 2 inch or the 3inch 6202 with the rake. its up to you.

Lets not make this harder than it is.

measure where the diff is and figure if it was 3 in higher would it look like it hits. If close then the 2 inch.

I myself would try the 3inch just depends on how much you lower the front and what strut options you have.

U bolts come with the kit and they fit.

You can try 2 inch or the 3inch 6202 with the rake. its up to you.

Lets not make this harder than it is.

measure where the diff is and figure if it was 3 in higher would it look like it hits. If close then the 2 inch.

I myself would try the 3inch just depends on how much you lower the front and what strut options you have.

Something wasn't right with what I've been reading, so I searched the site for that part number. It comes up on threads about lowering trucks, so I went and measured the axle tube on my 521. There's 3" of space on those u-bolts. My 510 wagon is different. That's where the 2.625" comes in on the wagon.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/24263-510-wagon-lowering-blocks/page__hl__6202__fromsearch__1

http://www.andysautosport.com/dodge/1997_2004_dakota/suspension/lowering_kits/block_kits/belltech/bell00430803.html

I guess it does say truck. But I think datsun straight axles are pretty much the same and most of these blocks are generic.

Remember is you go donw 3 inch hope you front goes down at least that much so it dont look stupid. Rear lower than front.

If you got stock front struts and just going to cut a spring and 510 the 510 long strut you might not make it all the way and just run on the bump stop. then youll spen more in Coil overs to get the look right.

I instlled these on my 521 and it was EZ. just unscrew those stock bolts man those nuts got hot.

So I will have to find the correct u-bolts, as these are not. It's possible they may bend to fit, but I'd rather order the right ones. I can buy blocks separately. No need to buy a kit if I have to replace the u-bolts since these are for the truck, not the wagon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.