Rear disk brake conversion kit

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info, is there kits you would recommend for the front upgrade? I haven't done any brake work and am new to it. I need new drums for the rear end (mine are currently warped a bit) so I just thought of upgrading everything at the same time. I think sticking to the drums in the back are the way to go. Any suggestions before I start this project?

This is easy. Get the axles from a 200sx. '81-'82 had the H-165 diff. I checked and the axles fit the 710 axle tubes and will spline into the differential and bolt up. I gave the calipers away (grrrrr) but could get them back but may look around for something else. The 200sx also had the same arrangement for the parking brake cable as the 710.

710rearsuspension003Large.jpg

710rearsuspension004Large.jpg

Use the 200sx mounting bolts they are longer.

710rearsuspension005Large.jpg

710parts022Large.jpg

710parts021Large.jpg

If you find an old S110 the axles should just pop in and bolt up, connect and bleed the hydraulic lines, connect the e-brake and go.

You can either put coilovers on 280zx struts,,,,, , or try to weld a 510/710 spring perch to a 280zx strut

..... and you need bump-steer spacers for the calipers to clear the steering,,,, you need 14" or larger wheels too

710's have a problem with positive camber,,,,, and you can only get camber plates if you have coilovers..... it gets expensive just for brakes

do you want a lower ride height / better suspension?? ........ or do you just want better brakes? ..... rear disc's wouldn't help with stock front brakes

stock 280zx strut doesn't fit in a 710 tower:

7105.jpg

510 spring perches welded onto a stock legnth 280zx strut:

7107.jpg

shortened 510 struts w/ coilovers,,, 510 bump-steer spacers,, 510 adjustable T/C rods,,,, and 510 camber plates all fit on a 710 wagon:

.... the hubs/spindles/bearings are all bigger on a 710,,, so 510 brake kits will not fit 710 hubs

71051011.JPG