Volvo 122 with Nissan KA24DE

So this is my big project car... Every car I have is a project.. haha... But this is the one I have had the longest.

I got this car when I was about 7-8 years old. I have been through a bunch of different phases with how I have wanted to build it, but anyway this is how its turning out.

It's a 1966 Volvo 122S Amazon 4 doord sedan, with a bit of custom body work and a few other littl changes..

I was going to turbo the original B-20, but cost and also the fact everything was one off made me change my mind. I had the KA sitting in the shop from when I did my motor swap in my Silvia and wondered if it would fit, and it kinda did, so I made it fit and it's almost perfect. Mild mods to the crossmember and oil pan and it was good to go.

Body:

-shaved side trim, rear refectors, hood letters, all badges

-shaved fuel filler hole

-Shaved C-piller trim

-deleted front bumper with IPD Air Dam

-smothed rear bumper (in the works). Combining all three pieces and shaving stud heads.

-Will be painted PPG 9700 Black for now. Not really sure what color I want.

Motor/trans:

-1991 KA24DE from 1991 240sx (USDM, all stock at the moment other then a DC Sports header and custom intake. Will be converting to turbo after car is runing and driving.

-1991 240sx 5 speed. Clutch is blown... haha

Diff/suspension:

-Stock Dana 27 right now....

-Plans for a Ford 9in or Ford 8.8... Cheap and easy and car is also a Ford lug paturn.

-IPD sport springs (not yet installed)

Interior:

-whats that?! haha

-1991 Mitsubishi Eclips rear seat... thats it... Amazingly fits perfect!

Wheels/tires/brakes:

-Will get the 15" Jeep (Modern) wheels from my Toyota truck.

-Fusion HRi's

-stock brakes for now

Here are some pics... before and after... not really in cronilogical order... but kinda

This is what it looked like in high school...

scan0035.jpg

a few years ago...

IMG_0159.jpg

Test fit...

IMG_6125.jpg

IMG_6124.jpg

IMG_6123.jpg

IMG_6122.jpg

IMG_6121.jpg

IMG_6120.jpg

IMG_6118.jpg

Making it fit...

IMG_9589.jpg

Only temp paint, crossmember needs to be re-build later...

IMG_9591.jpg

S13 motor mounts welded to Volvo crossmember, angled to fit Volvo 164 mounts, to the KA block...

IMG_9594.jpg

Some day it will have a turbo... =)

IMG_9666.jpg

IMG_9795.jpg

Took it to my church car show about a year and a half ago... this is what she looked like...

IMG_2307.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg

Possible dash set up...

IMG_5509.jpg

Original... in accurate and kinda bla...

IMG_5514.jpg

The wheels its gonna get..

2011-07-17145731.jpg

Intake I build...

IMG_6893.jpg

IMG_6894.jpg

More body work to be done...

2011-07-18181225.jpg

IMG_7806.jpg

IMG_7810.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was all this week... didnt have much work so I got a lot done. Have a bug up my butt to get the car painted since I might be losing my shop at the end of the year...

IMG_9150.jpg

15 minutes later

IMG_9151.jpg

Fenders got the last coat of primer... need to block out and paint

IMG_9152.jpg

Removed the right side doors for priming and paint and also to paint the cuts ins..

IMG_9153.jpg

Air dam and nose piece got paint... Go figure my buddy found me a nice nose piece today! Mine is loaded with mud and still looks like an Abrams ran it over.

IMG_9156.jpg

IMG_9159.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks! I would use it, but since I building the car for Drift and also high speed and generaly ant to beat the crap out of it, I need some reliable gauges. I might have an extra some where... My dad has one of these cars also.

This is his... I didnt know how to put his wiring back together so we took it to X-ray in Balard... Guys does great work!

2011-07-19141529.jpg

• Like 1

It will be some what a sleeper... Other then the possibility to do stright pipe! :angel:

I got a lot of crap for this car in high school and still kinda do. I have this thing for speed and also going sidways. I do want to make it driver friendly, so it will also be a crisuer. Take it to church of Saturday (I know, odd huh) when I can and those nice days. I'm also thinking about maybe doing some rally with it, but then again I have my Pulsar for that... haha

• 2 years later...

Well, I havent had much of any time to work on my Volvo, but I did pick up some pretty nice seats! I got a set of front 2001 Acura RSX Limited black leather seats for like $60 bucks! One has a blown airbag, but I dont really care. I also picked up the rear seat as well. They had been sitting in the ame car for a few months and got moldy so they let me have them for free.

Plan now is to finish a few of my other projects and gut my Volvo and try to get the shell painted and asseble the body and finish the motor swap.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...