What years are interchangeable with my 84 Deluxe King Cab 720?

heartland

I have an 84 Deluxe King Cab Z24. What years are most parts interchangeable?

I mostly need small things, like visor clips, back sliding door latch, etc. But also need to replace the bumper and front drivers side fender. I am going to call around to some junkyards but don't want to waste time if a part won't fit.

thanks!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fenders pretty much are the same, but sticking with a '83-84 would ensure a correct match. Rear slider and visor clips are probably the same (though the slider may be different between KC & Regular, but I don't know that). Bumpers differ not only year to year but by style and other factors, BUT for the most part if you get everything one will work on another.

Back sliding door latch???? Only thing on the back is the tailgate, but it don't slide.

Visor clips I don't know. Probably all the same except color.. why change them?

October '82 and up 2wd and 4x4 will work for the front fenders Earlier ones will work if you keep the corner marker lamps as the lamps are the difference and won't swap. (your '84 marker won't fit the earlier fender)

October '82 and up 2wd and 4x4 will work for the front bumper (metal part and L & R end caps) note: The 4x4 are black while 2wd are gray or chrome but they should interchange. If you don't mind black a 4x4 will do just fine.

edit: Ah back sliding window latch. The sliding back window was only an option after 11 '82 and latches were all the same.

I have an 84 Deluxe King Cab Z24. What years are most parts interchangeable?

I mostly need small things, like visor clips, back sliding door latch, etc. But also need to replace the bumper and front drivers side fender. I am going to call around to some junkyards but don't want to waste time if a part won't fit.

thanks!

Just look for any year fender that is your color, as far as I know, fenders are all the same, but you will need your marker lights, as late 83 and up are taller to match the late 83 and up grill, and they made differant marker lights also, deluxe would likely be have chrome, while others would be silver paint and black, if yours are good. then just transfer them to your good fender when you find it.

The bumper will need to be your year or close, late 83 and up, as long as your truck has an 84 bumper on it now.

When you find a visor assembly, buy everything, as styles changed over the years, the way they clip in at the mirror changed, ect.

you will never find the latch for the rear sliding windows. i've only found ONE in the last year, and it broke the moment i tried to latch my back window. \

and for clarification, i have looked at every year and every package of 720 rear windows, there are 6 total different styles! some are just glass in a track, some have metal frames around them and then a track, some have bolt through the glass, others have just metal clip type molded into the metal frame. some are 4" taller, some are 3" wider.

its crazy, i dont know why datsun did this to us..

They are likely after market sliders.

edit: Ah back sliding window latch. The sliding back window was only an option after 11 '82 and latches were all the same.

There are only two kinds of factory rear sliding glass, and only ever offered on Oct.82 and up trucks. They fit either the larger King Cabs or the smaller reg. cab short wheelbase trucks. The catch or the lock were common to both but that's all there were.

no... if it had a part number maybe.

I had another look and the molding for the KC window is the same for all years of KC so this would indicate they are very similar. Early glass uses the later glass as a substitute number also. I think the later sliding window would fit the older cabs if you get the rubber gasket seal and use KC with KC and reg cab with reg cab.

Huh... Interesting... If I took a picture of my window could you identify if it's just a newer one retrofitted to my truck?

I have a few standard cab/KC sliders...... and fixed, with or w/o DF

Highly doubt yours is aftermarket.

Pics..............

I recently bought the rear slider latch and visor clips from nissan, you would be suprised what you can still get from the dealer. I also bought the door window felts for the doors. They still have most of the interior clips available.

I recently bought the rear slider latch and visor clips from nissan, you would be suprised what you can still get from the dealer. I also bought the door window felts for the doors. They still have most of the interior clips available.

Well heck, I didn't even think to check the dealership. I called them and they are able to get both the visor clips and the sliding window latch. I asked for the part numbers, and then plugged the part numbers into nissanpartszone.com and they sell them too.

Thanks for this. Sometimes the most obvious answer is the most elusive. LOL.