Akumazedex S30

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Epic update time! I did some dismantling today at work.

Decided to take one last pic before the car lost all it's dignity

03fe9fed.jpg

Here's what We're working with here folks

21520b3d.jpg

After couple of hours of carefully removing connectors (as I'll be saving the harness and ecu and efi junk) and ripping all the hose connections it was time to rip out the goods

79dde875.jpg

And here's what we ended up with, a 4x4 looking 280 and a grimy but otherwise very nice L28

616bea60.jpg

Gonna get this thing on an engine stand after I get some long ass bolts an clean the eff out of this thing. Getting a fresh coat of paint, polish etc etc

I had some free time before I have to start work today so I got some stuff done.

Got the motor on a stand in all it's grimy goodness

135769e5.jpg

Soaked it in some degreaser, need more tho, and gotta steam clean it to get all the tough stuff

526c6dbc.jpg

Decided to paint the valve cover purple, along with the motor when it's cleaned up.

5f9c5ab8.jpg

And this is what I ended up with

5f698364.jpg

Slow progress but progress none the less

• Like 1

It's apperently indigo.... Right, that's blue. Anyways yes, I rattle canned it myself, it's actually crappier than it looks, but paint wasn't dried or even yet, might need another coat. Much easier on the eyes than black primer, wanted to chuck Norris it every time I looked at it lol. But yeah, motor should be ready soon, need to order gaskets, new clutch, some lines, a fuel pump and regulator and we should be ready to fire up.

• Like 1

Same here, figured while I have the motor out do what I can, although I'm not goin as far as you did I want it problem free for as long as I can. Still gotta order a clutch and gaskets, then I gotta pull out the old junk from the 260, gahhh soo close and yet so far lol