Akumazedex S30

So I've finally got my hands on an S30 chassis. I'm now part of the cool kids club! Lol.

Just picked it up tonight.

Here's what I have. '74 260z with an L28 and a 5 speed.

Aside from a crapload of extra parts it's reletivly stock. Currently doesn't run but just needs some carb work.

Here's a picture.

a389ae2f.jpg

This is going to take over the s130 build for the time being, at least until I get it running an junk.

Look out for more pics and updates.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I got some stuff done today

I got the 240z su's on

37b2ac91.jpg

And the filter box, need some really long studs for the cover

8d03b91c.jpg

Then I had lunch

e70513c6.jpg

And then I swapped out to the 240z turn signals and grill, gotta cut out the horn brackets because the center valance doesn't fit.

2f5f8ab6.jpg

Now I need a battery and gas and I should be ready to test fire the motor.

Epic progress today! Got a battery an some gas, had to redo the firing order cuz it was all effed up from the previous owner, and.... Got it running!!!!

Here's a link o the video

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff420/akumazedex/fef033c0.mp4

Now I gotta change plugs, rotor and cap out and figure out how to tune the carbs cuz its running butt rich. Take it to work an align it cuz that's effed up to. But progress!!!!

• Like 1

Oiiii you got a handful lol, fingers crossed and best wishes? Hahaha. I saw a guy that had a legit fairlady that was Swiss cheese litiraly, it was baaaaaddddd. So, how bad can it be? Lol I've been looking a long time for one with a solid body, all the other ones I've seen needed extensive rust repair, mostly replacement haha

Funny enough, my s130 looked like that when I first dug it out from behind my work lol

Got some stuff on the s30 today, replaced my jammed lock cylinder with another one, no pictures of that, just the tamper screws were a butt to get out.

I then decided to paint the 240z tail panels. From this.

e4718526.jpg

To this

6940919d.jpg

I also got the car registered today finally $489!!! Fuuuuu back fees

Here's what the plate got down to, there's one more underneath, so 84

dbc7146c.jpg

And by the time I was all done messing around it looked like this outside so I called it a day

843a79c0.jpg

So I attempted to get the carbs tuned enough to get the car over to the shop an get ten properly done, in the process I found out that my poor 260 has a blown head gasket :(

Right in the back left corner

30daf3ef.jpg

That being a big issue in my poor running motor I gave up and started attacking the paint. Sanding by hand sucks btw