Bosozoku-Bippu-Kyusha-Shakotan-Zokusha Car Picture thread

I say he's doing it right.  B)

In Japan, a traditional lowrider would certainly qualify as "shakotan" style...  :thumbup:

In fact, lowrider culture is almost as big there as it is here...

tumblr_m7qov34lpL1r97uo2o1_500.jpg

jap-low.png

Asain cholas. That is some funny shit. I went to high school with chicks that looked just like they do.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A co-worker has one of those honda awd too there neat cars but we gotta keep the thread for what it is and that honda doesn't belong just saying.

Why not? Where does it say that a Japanese styling trend excludes certain models? That Civic wagon looks clean as shit to me. Excluding that enormous tach, Id drive the hell out of it. Boso is a way of thinking displayed in your modification choices... it has no limits on cars it can be on. If it was something non-Japanese I could understand your sentiment. A clean, well built car is still just that... no matter what badge it rocks. 

• Like 2

You wouldnt rock an NSX? or an S2000? Or a real Integra Type R? Really?

The Honda hate is getting mad old. There are just as many people in ricer Toyotas and Nissans now a days that are just as shitty if not worse.

I love Honda, second only to Nissan for me, Much more than Toyota, Hondas and Nissan both are of higher quality in manufacture than Toyotas are.

HondacivicShuttle_zpsba527be7.jpg

• Like 1

Anything Toyota made after 86(FWD switch) I would agree with you one, but millions of Hi-luxes would make your statement invalid in most eyes.  Granted, Toyota could never get the whole straight six thing worked out, but their 4 cylinders are things of legend.  Just google Toyota 152

Okay thats completely true, Toyota to my knowledge always made great trucks. and still does from what I am told by people who have owned them.

I am talking about cars. There is a lot of AE-86/supra/starlet/cressida/corolla stuff that is really REALLY badly designed. And yeah, all Toyota 4 cylinders are pretty bulletproof. But that argument can be made for Honda too and really even Nissan. I know that if you gave me 1989 or prior as a year to choose an engine, I wouldnt be going with a Toyota or a Honda though.

• Like 1

I would gladly take a 18RG, 2TG or Even the DOHC 2M(the only straight six toyota got right) from the 2000 GT, but to each their own.  Lets just say that throughout the seventies, Japan was way ahead of America in terms of reliability and engine design... B)

• Like 1