Project 610 SSS

Guest jaimesix

Carburetion set up for this L20B engine.  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Carburetion set up for this L20B engine.

• Single Sidedraught 40 Dellorto on Lynx Manifold.
    • Single Downdraught Weber 38 DGES on Canon Manifold.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not like its just a style thing you know. I NEVER seen one on the east coast driving or for sale even in datsun heaven (cali/wash) they are rare. Where as I have seen many 510's and on the west coast lets face it, they aren't that hard to find. Then if you do find a 610 god forbid you need a part. Look how much trouble some other member owners are going through with what would be a cut and dry things had it been another car. Not everyone is down for the adventure.

I love the 610, just giving perspective.

you have a good point finding parts for these cars is not a fun experience but when you do dind them and get it all set up it makes it all the more rewarding jamie you,william,and i need to park together at jccs show the world the 610 is just as bad ass as the 510 keep up the good work man i cant wait to see her done and at jccs there will be a 73 coupe a 74 coupe and a 73 sedan :D

Finding parts is more of the adventure. I have always been up for a challenge, and this is no exception. I love my 610, and heck, if I had to do it all over again, all I would do different is choose when and where I started taking her apart. That's it.

Guest jaimesix
If this was a 510 it would be blowing up! This 610 is going to be one of the best 610 out there i love it. I always wanted a orange 610 no chrome all blacked out that's why i like yours. 510 guys just can see past 510:fu: but it's ok more for us! keep it up. I'm about to start my build on my 710 I have bunch of parts ready to throw on it like the wheels that i just bought some SSR MKII cant wait they get here today:lol

Thanks ThinkOutsideTheBox.

I like black trim too, as you probably found out. It gives our Datsuns a different feel. Hope top see your 710's photos soon. I've seen some in your profile album and your 710s look very cool.

You have good taste, that's for sure!:thumbup:

Its not like its just a style thing you know. I NEVER seen one on the east coast driving or for sale even in datsun heaven (cali/wash) they are rare. Where as I have seen many 510's and on the west coast lets face it, they aren't that hard to find. Then if you do find a 610 god forbid you need a part. Look how much trouble some other member owners are going through with what would be a cut and dry things had it been another car. Not everyone is down for the adventure.

I love the 610, just giving perspective.

72240z.

You would be surprised how accesible Datsun 610 parts are. Engine wise everything works on both 610s and 510s ( as well as 710s, all 3 are "L" series engines.)

Transmission wise, "Z" cars are great for 5 speed swaps into 610s. The suspension ( front ) is almost the same on 510s and 610s, and identical between 710s and 610s. Most everything works on all 3.

The rear suspension on 510s and 610s is 90% same.( except for the mounting points forthe rear cross member, a little offset, the rest is similar.)

Body wise, there are a lot of 180Bs from down under ( Oz, AU ) and there are still a lot of 610s appearing on e/bay and at junk yards every now and then, making parts accesible. Not exactly your " walk to Pep Boys" kind of thing, but there are cars popping up at yards, and those opportunities are great for stashing up.

Fenders, grilles, lenses, interior, lamps, etc surface often, and with some dilligence, you will find them on the internet, and like said before, at yards.

It is easier to get parts and accesories for 610s than it is to break the ice and buy one. I understand, to non 610 owners, this car seems very rare.

Give it a try if you ever have the chance, you will not regret it, and you will find out for yourself. The day you get one, you will realize there are a few in town. And when you drive it around town, you will be surprised about the amount of people that will know what it is, and they will say:

" That is a 610!!!! I used to have one!!!That was my first car!!!! " and many more cool things that will make you like it more as days go by!

Iv had 510's and i wouldnt go back, i love the 610SSS shape:cool:

I like scotch on the rocks, at sunset, nice girl rubbing her body against mine, and my 610 parked across the street, in full view....what else could I ask for!:rolleyes:

you have a good point finding parts for these cars is not a fun experience but when you do dind them and get it all set up it makes it all the more rewarding jamie you,william,and i need to park together at jccs show the world the 610 is just as bad ass as the 510 keep up the good work man i cant wait to see her done and at jccs there will be a 73 coupe a 74 coupe and a 73 sedan :D

That is the plan Bonvo, the 610 fleet showing up in force, the Spanish Armada meets the English Fleet for a showdown!:)

Finding parts is more of the adventure. I have always been up for a challenge, and this is no exception. I love my 610, and heck, if I had to do it all over again, all I would do different is choose when and where I started taking her apart. That's it.

An adventure it is for sure, trying to bring those cool grilles and fenders from Australia is an adventure in itself!:rolleyes:

Jaime._________________________________________________________

Ya I mean I'm sure it's worth it, great car all round. For me though its not even close to an option lol. Maybe on the west coast but here it's impossible.

No datsun is really a walk in the park for parts even the 720 is getting to be a pain for some things. I was just trying to say I think that's dimers motivation on the choice not that they cant see past it. The 610 though has to be in the top 3 for rare datsuns sold here.

Not knocking it at all, just trying to give perspective is all.

Guest jaimesix
il send u a aussie 610SSS if u send me a 510coupe:p

We never got 510 coupes on this side of the Pacific. We got Datsun 710s though. If you want an IRS Datsun 710, then you got to look at South Africa for the 160USSS.

:rolleyes:

Jaime._______________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix

Plenty of those in here. If you ever want to take one home, let me know if I can help.

We never got the 1200 utes in here. Only the 1200 sedand and coupes.

Jaime.___________________________________________________________

hi jaime six i love your 610 its going to be a bad ass raid. my brother and i started on datsuns 510 back in 2000. now 510 are just a trend but we always

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX. i love the jdm look and the way to go. my 710 goon i got of my brother and my 1800 are going to be all jdm ill start threads on them asap.

Guest jaimesix

Thanks 180BSSS.

Hope to have it ready soon. I have been busy lately and the last few weeks I did not work as much as I would had wanted on my ride.

Ready soon, updates to be posted. It looks like you also have some nice Dattos in the works. Nice. Can't wait to see the photos.

:thumbup: Jaime.___________________________________________

Hi.

This is Jaimesix.

I decided it is time to move on, so I requested the administrator of this site ( Bleach )to show me how to close my account. I wanted to delete it and my name.

Surprisingly I received notice on my e/mail box telling me I had been "Banned" from the site.

I just want to set the record straight, since I have many good 610/710 friends in here, that I requested the information so that I can close my account, or else authorized the administrator to close my account ( if there was no way in which a member could delete his account on his own )

There is a difference between being banned and a member closing his own account.

I would like to know how a member can close his account, so I can close this one too. I just opened this account so I could set the record straight.

Thanks to all the good friends I made in here, I can always be reached at my Car Domain page.

later.....

• 5 years later...