Project 610 SSS

Guest jaimesix

Carburetion set up for this L20B engine.  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Carburetion set up for this L20B engine.

• Single Sidedraught 40 Dellorto on Lynx Manifold.
    • Single Downdraught Weber 38 DGES on Canon Manifold.

Guest jaimesix

Jamie: I'll see if I can get some pic of roberts car but he probably has more details of the car than I do since he still is active in the datsun 510 world, you can find him on the Dime Quarterly web site selling OEM new 510 parts!!

Conrad

Thanks dude.

Jaime._____________________________________________

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix

I got those pictures. He used his pre historic camera, and the quality of the pictures is terrible, reason why I chose not to post them.

The pictures I posted have better quality.

2328429_236_full.jpg

2328429_237_full.jpg

2328429_238_full.jpg

2328429_239_full.jpg

2328429_240_full.jpg

2328429_241_full.jpg

Jaime.________________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix

What are you talking about????

:confused:

Either you are confusing my car with someone else's , or you do not know what work has been done to my car......

I do not understand your reply, nor your comments.

i'm getting my info from brad, and you know how much sense he makes :blink:

so ... please ... explain ... it ... to ... us ...

re: dis ... why aren't you chirping about the fact there's no 610 or 710 subforum?

especially the Your car may suck but we didn't forget about you?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest jaimesix

Hi.

Today I was working on the car. My bud's shop is kind of far away from my house, so I can not work on it as often as I would like to.

It is coming along. I took apart the steering system. I am replacing the ball joints, inner and outer tie rod ends, and I think I will also replace the control arm bushings, now that I am at it.

The camber plates, springs, threaded sleeves and struts are ready and assembled.

The sway bar is also ready, I have to make some new bushings for the sway bar. I was thinking about derlin material for it, anybody knows something about it?

Next time I will install the steering components and put the front suspension together.( this week. It is supposed to rain here for the next one or two days. As soon as the rain goes, I will get busy.)

Then I am changing the bushings in the rear suspension. I hope to have it ready fairly soon.

After the rear suspension work, install the headers, carby and cooling system . :)

I will take pictures next time.

Jaime.________________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix

Perhaps there is another one too. I saw Zerow's getting pre painted today. I think tomorrow Zerow's will go to the paint booth ( today it was door jams and seams painting.)

:)

Edited by jaimesix
Guest jaimesix

The twin Hitachi set up will come at a later date. I have to rebuild the units.

Also, a round gauge cluster will follow. Special adaptations necesary to convert the cluster from RHD to LHD.

Add to that the CA flavour, this is an SSSS ( Special SSS ):D

Jaime._____________________________________________________

wait a minute! the title of this thread mentions "SSS"

so where are the twin hitachi carbies?

Since you bring it up, where is the sedan part?? :D:D

SSS:

Super

Sport

Sedan

What officially makes the SSS designation happen on a 610? I was always under the impression that the SSS package was the Hitachi Side Draft carburetors, "upgraded" front grille, and the trim package (matte black J-lines), but is there anything else that officially makes the SSS, a SSS??

Edited by zerow
  • 1 month later...
Guest jaimesix

Together I took some pictures of my work. Yes, it took a long time to get new pictures, I want to motivate myself to finish the ride.

I painted the rear wheel wells, and the area underneath the trunk ( spare tire compartment and in between.)

It looks very nice, and not only that, it adds great protection. The rear suspension will come out later in the year for a bushing update and slotting of the suspension crossmenber.

So far, the rear suspension is fine, and since I want this car on the road soon, no more fixing of what is not broken, if it aint broken, do not fix it:D

I plan on having this car ready in 2 weeks time.

Rear wheel wells, and spare tire compartment underneath.

23284290285_medium.jpg

23284290284_medium.jpg

23284290280_medium.jpg

23284290279_medium.jpg

23284290278_medium.jpg

23284290277_medium.jpg

Here, the front section and the front wheel well painted with protective POR-15. The front section and the front wheel wells have been painted a while ago. Hence the dust.

23284290283_medium.jpg

Here, the interior is full of parts, little by little all these parts will find their place in the puzzle.:)

23284290282_medium.jpg

Jaime.

Edited by jaimesix
Guest jaimesix

Dang!!! Why is it that my photos do not appear as photos????:confused::confused::confused:

Trying something new...lets see....

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/4314/3581/23284290278_medium.jpg

:(

again...lets see....

23284290278_medium.jpg

Cool, I found my mistake,I was writting url instead of img ..... :(

Found the right way........ :)

Edited by jaimesix
Guest jaimesix

Shortcuts are avoided as much as posible, those cuts are costly in the long run.

More pixes to come...;)

Jaime._______________________________________________________

What officially makes the SSS designation happen on a 610? I was always under the impression that the SSS package was the Hitachi Side Draft carburetors, "upgraded" front grille, and the trim package (matte black J-lines), but is there anything else that officially makes the SSS, a SSS??

European SSS compared to european sedan:

-Twin Hitachi carburettors

-different front grille

-high cam (110hp SAE)

-5-speed

-14" wheels (165/80/14 tyres)

-matte black J-lines

-tachometer

-3-spoke steering wheel

Probably 4.11 diff (sedan 3.9). Both sedan and HT came with L18/A87 head. "160B" sedan with L16 was also available but it was ultra rare. HT and facelifted sedan seat skins are cloth instead of vinyl.

European SSS compared to european sedan:

-Twin Hitachi carburettors

-different front grille

-high cam (110hp SAE)

-5-speed

-14" wheels (165/80/14 tyres)

-matte black J-lines

-tachometer

-3-spoke steering wheel

Probably 4.11 diff (sedan 3.9). Both sedan and HT came with L18/A87 head. "160B" sedan with L16 was also available but it was ultra rare. HT and facelifted sedan seat skins are cloth instead of vinyl.

Mikko,

THANK YOU!!! I will be using this as a semi-official checklist. I will bring this into my project thread, as long as you don't mind. I can say, I have 6 out of 8 items right now.

zerow: feel free to use my list. I forgot one thing, SSS console box is larger with arm rest.

Please keep in mind, that these are european SSS specs and quite different from JDM SSS specs. For example, our SSS 3-spoke steering wheel is actually JDM GL wheel etc.

In Finland, pre-facelift model was available as sedan and hardtop but hardtop was just Deluxe model (L18, 105hp SAE). 1974 came facelift model and hardtop was changed to SSS. Sedan remained single carburettor Deluxe model. So we never had pre-facelift SSS and on the other hand, all facelifted hardtops are SSS.