Project 610 SSS

Guest jaimesix

Carburetion set up for this L20B engine.  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Carburetion set up for this L20B engine.

• Single Sidedraught 40 Dellorto on Lynx Manifold.
    • Single Downdraught Weber 38 DGES on Canon Manifold.

Guest jaimesix

Nice.!

Paint job completed last Tuesday. Car resting at shop ( paint curing ). I will start this weekend with re assembling lamps/ trim etc.

Suspension work will be taken car too. I will get pictures tomorrow.:)

Jaime._________________________________________________________

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix

Yea. What happened is that the paint job was done a while ago. Then Brad found the coveted 1973 year model front fenders/apron.

Those parts were in need of some refreshing, which took Brad a while to do. Then we decided to give the entire car another coat, so that the fresh front end would match the rest of the car's paint.

Once the 610 comes out, my 710 will go into hybernation. Next winter, the 710 will get a face lift. Fresh 160J SSS parts being collected for that project.:)

Hope it comes out looking good , and performing as well.

Jaime.__________________________________________________________

Nice.!

Paint job completed last Tuesday. Car resting at shop ( paint curing ). I will start this weekend with re assembling lamps/ trim etc.

Suspension work will be taken car too. I will get pictures tomorrow.:)

I'm glad to hear the wait is almost over! Like I have room to talk, but my car leaves for a while to get her body work done. I'm going to drive her primer for a while, just to get the bugs worked out. She's been sitting since...well...we won't go there, just that she's still in the DMV system under non-op. Then a refresh of the suspension components, lowered, new brakes, engine from parts car and I still need to fab a transmission mount...What a monumental undertaking!

Way to go, jaimesix. I can't wait to see her...:)

sweet seriously man the three 610 musketters lol mine has a long way to go but once my truck is drivable ill be able to put some more time into the datto as the truck can take over daily driving duties

sweet seriously man the three 610 musketters lol mine has a long way to go but once my truck is drivable ill be able to put some more time into the datto as the truck can take over daily driving duties

Indeed my friend. And I'm trying to get a 4th Musketeer involved...stay tuned for that development. Let's just say that a parts car might make a resurrection...:eek:

Guest jaimesix

Sorry no pixes yet, tomorrow ( today actually, it is past midnight )I will take pixes.

Got the 280Z struts. That provides a shorter strut size, ideal for lowering, and better stronger calipers plus vented discs. I will modify the stock 610 struts for my 710...works great.

I ordered camber plates today, I will pick them up on my way to the shop .

Jaime._______________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix

No pictures yet.

Had a busy day, I could no go take the photos, but work is still in progress.

I did pick up the camber plates I bought from Top End enterprises in North Hollywood, CA.

I also got a set of tension rod bushings. On the hunt for ADDCO sway bars.

Jaime.______________________________________________

Guest jaimesix

Pictures.:)

A look at the 5 speed gear box shifter. Nice !!! ( Thanks to my buddies William and Brad for making it happen.)

2328429_234_full.jpg

280ZX Struts , shorter and more tunable , better braking power.

2328429_235_full.jpg

Body pictures. The color is factory orange. Looks good. Great job Brad!;)

2328429_236_full.jpg

2328429_237_full.jpg

2328429_238_full.jpg

2328429_239_full.jpg

2328429_240_full.jpg

2328429_241_full.jpg

Pictures.:)

A look at the 5 speed gear box shifter. Nice !!! ( Thanks to my buddies William and Brad for making it happen

You're welcome Jaime. :) Like we've talked before, I hate to see a perfectly good 610, sans the body, get parted out, but I have estimated that it will have helped at least 10 Datsuns to date. Bonvo got the front end sheet metal; you got some misc. trim, 5 speed with all the plumbing; and I got the motor and all the remaining, which is till quite a lot of stuff. Looking forward to seeing the car all done and driving, but like I said once before: If 10 610s show up to an event and all but one are 2 door coupes and the lone 4 door shows up, whos the rarest one of all? :D

Guest jaimesix
If 10 610s show up to an event and all but one are 2 door coupes and the lone 4 door shows up, whos the rarest one of all? :D

In that case, I have my secret weapon......the one and only Datsun 710:rolleyes:

Jaime.________________________________________________________

Guest jaimesix

Hi.

The wheels are steel stretchies. 14X8 rear, 14X7 front. I like the look of black wheels, substance.;)

Black Minilites ( spelled right???:confused: )would be nice.

Jaime._____________________________________________________

the car is looking great, i really like 610's a lot. is there more than one factory datsun orange? i ask because my 77 B210 and my 74 620 are both orange but are different looking. could just be they faded differently over the years. i can't imagine either of them being as bright as your car! i just love orange cars!

Guest jaimesix
the car is looking great, i really like 610's a lot. is there more than one factory datsun orange? i ask because my 77 B210 and my 74 620 are both orange but are different looking. could just be they faded differently over the years. i can't imagine either of them being as bright as your car! i just love orange cars!

Hi Charlie.

Thanks for your comments, we have something in common, because two of my favorite Datsuns are both the B210 and the 610. My 3 best choices for Datsuns are 610, B210 and 710. In 4th place comes the 1200 sedan.

About the color , i think there are several variants of the Orange color used by Datsun. I know what you mean, the B210 Orange, the 620 Orange, the 240Z Orange , the 210 Orange and the 610 Orange ( amongst all the tones that ever existed with Datsun cars of even earlier times )...are slightly different.

I think the Z Orange is darker, the 210 Orange is clayish, the 610 Orange is a tad lighter, mustard like,and I have seen another darker orange also in 610 Datsuns, depending on the year and the country/market . The B210 color Orange is closer to the Z color, subtle differences.

There are color catalogs that will show you samples for each year and color. Even within the same model, different years changed a bit. When I went to the paint store I saw some of those catalogs, go by brand, year make and model.

There is a paint code on a sticker in your car's hood, you can read the code and a good shop should be able to match it.

You are right, it is not your imagination, there are colors, and colors within colors.

Jaime._________________________________________________

Wow great looking 610

I always knew that had lots of potential like the 510, many people will say the 610 is a 510 with a different body and interior as all the underpinnings are 510 hardware.

I remeber seeing robert johnson from salinas,ca show up in his 610 at Mt shasta way back in 1998 and showed all the people what a 610 should look like with nice white paint, lowered on 15x8 ronal turbo rims, boy I wish I bought that car, something about the fastback look to the 610 seems to rub off on me.

BTW has anyone noticed the holes in the tops of the fenders for the jdm fender mirrors, hint they were all like that when they were shipped here, they had place some covers in them to hide the holes, I remember i had a neighbor that had a 1974 610 wagon brand new that he drove everyday down my street and had always looked at it thinking that if he was going to sell it that I would buy it on a hearbeat but alas someone had beat me to it, boy that thing was cherry, oops lets get back to our regular programming LOL....

conrad

Guest jaimesix

hI sr71sss

Those are nice memories. Any pictures of that legendary white Datsun 610???

I went and drove my Datsun 610 to Shasta back in 2003. 03:eek: Five years ago!!!!:confused:

Got a have another Shasta event.....hope it resumes. Shasta was the perfect get together place for southern CA ,AZ and NV cars to meet WA , ORE and nothern CA Datsuns.

About the mirror mounting holes on the fenders, yes, seems Nissan/Datsun saw it easier to use plastic covers to take care of that market difference. I am getting a set of new plastic plates...in the mail...hope to get them soon. I would be afraid of mounting mirrors in that position....anyone leaning on a mirror would seriously bent the fender:(

Thanks for coming by my little corner here at Ratsun;)

Wow great looking 610

I always knew that had lots of potential like the 510, many people will say the 610 is a 510 with a different body and interior as all the underpinnings are 510 hardware.

I remeber seeing robert johnson from salinas,ca show up in his 610 at Mt shasta way back in 1998 and showed all the people what a 610 should look like with nice white paint, lowered on 15x8 ronal turbo rims, boy I wish I bought that car, something about the fastback look to the 610 seems to rub off on me.

BTW has anyone noticed the holes in the tops of the fenders for the jdm fender mirrors, hint they were all like that when they were shipped here, they had place some covers in them to hide the holes, I remember i had a neighbor that had a 1974 610 wagon brand new that he drove everyday down my street and had always looked at it thinking that if he was going to sell it that I would buy it on a hearbeat but alas someone had beat me to it, boy that thing was cherry, oops lets get back to our regular programming LOL....

conrad

Guest jaimesix
2eDeYe;58223'']Car looks great, can't wait to see it in some sunshine pics :cool:

Soon.....getting over the suspension thing.

Hi.

The wheels are steel stretchies. 14X8 rear, 14X7 front. I like the look of black wheels, substance.;)

Black Minilites ( spelled right???:confused: )would be nice.

Jaime._____________________________________________________

Did you just have wheels widened? I think that wide steel wheels with a deep lip look SICK.

Wow great looking 610

conrad

sup conrad?!

you still around after all these years?

how's the wife and kids?

any progress on the coupe?

i saw robert johnson's car too

i know he sold it and later regretted it ...

Guest jaimesix
Did you just have wheels widened? I think that wide steel wheels with a deep lip look SICK.

Hi.

Yes, it is stell stretched wheels. I like them too. Here is a pix with the wheels a while ago...with stock suspension and recently removed "Park Bench" bumpers.

2328429_23_full.jpg

sup conrad?!

you still around after all these years?

how's the wife and kids?

any progress on the coupe?

i saw robert johnson's car too

i know he sold it and later regretted it ...

Well you never leave the datsun sickness completley just take a vacation from it until the timing is right and the timing is getting better, it will definetly ramp up ten fold when my kids get a bit older so they can wrench with me, that probably the only way I'm going to finish the Coupe, Haven't touched the coupe in years just storing her until and get an absolute gameplan for her, seems like others seem to steal away ideas from me and I have to think of sometihng else, well as they say stealing is easier than creating which I plan to do with the Coupe, going the RestoMod route, sotck body outside but Holy S#$% everything else, still going to try to keep what makes a Coupe a Coupe with a mod feel to it, many more years to wait until I feel its time to work on her again, no big rush on her and no need to sell, too much history for me personally.

BTW who is this anyways?

Jamie: I'll see if I can get some pic of roberts car but he probably has more details of the car than I do since he still is active in the datsun 510 world, you can find him on the Dime Quarterly web site selling OEM new 510 parts!!

Conrad

Well you never leave the datsun sickness completley just take a vacation from it until the timing is right and the timing is getting better, it will definetly ramp up ten fold when my kids get a bit older so they can wrench with me, that probably the only way I'm going to finish the Coupe, Haven't touched the coupe in years just storing her until and get an absolute gameplan for her, seems like others seem to steal away ideas from me and I have to think of sometihng else, well as they say stealing is easier than creating which I plan to do with the Coupe, going the RestoMod route, sotck body outside but Holy S#$% everything else, still going to try to keep what makes a Coupe a Coupe with a mod feel to it, many more years to wait until I feel its time to work on her again, no big rush on her and no need to sell, too much history for me personally.

BTW who is this anyways?

Jamie: I'll see if I can get some pic of roberts car but he probably has more details of the car than I do since he still is active in the datsun 510 world, you can find him on the Dime Quarterly web site selling OEM new 510 parts!!

Conrad

hehe, this is matt the outlander

here's a pic of (circled) robert johnson talking to demetri

and regretting that he sold his white 610 :(

1t607p.jpg

i bought some stuff off of ebay from him, but it was actually his WIFE selling the stuff

perhaps she had him datsun neutered?