Such a fine sight to see.

A girl, my lord, in a 65 320

Slowin' down to take a look at me.

Takin' it Easy

I know, Wylder, you aint no girl;

just how the poetry came out.

Steve

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all of the love guys.  We had  a blast participating in Williams and meeting everyone.  Hope to be back next year.  Things have been slow with the 320 since making it home but man-oh-man I cannot express enough just how Impressed I was with the old girl making it 2200 miles without any issues.  As the old saying goes they really just don't make em like they used to.  Hats off to the guys over at High Impact Motorsports in Las Vegas for getting her properly prepped for such a trip as well.

As I mentioned above haven't really done much with her since getting home.  Got a nice vintage Datsun keychain to match the shift knob (I'll try to get a pic) and I ordered NOS bumperettes to replace the ailing, dinged up ones that are in place.  Probably experiment with some compounds and wax to see about refreshing the old 1965 paint on the old girl…..hopefully pictures coming soon to report some progress.

Thanks for all of the love guys.  We had  a blast participating in Williams and meeting everyone.  Hope to be back next year.  Things have been slow with the 320 since making it home but man-oh-man I cannot express enough just how Impressed I was with the old girl making it 2200 miles without any issues.  As the old saying goes they really just don't make em like they used to.  Hats off to the guys over at High Impact Motorsports in Las Vegas for getting her properly prepped for such a trip as well.

As I mentioned above haven't really done much with her since getting home.  Got a nice vintage Datsun keychain to match the shift knob (I'll try to get a pic) and I ordered NOS bumperettes to replace the ailing, dinged up ones that are in place.  Probably experiment with some compounds and wax to see about refreshing the old 1965 paint on the old girl…..hopefully pictures coming soon to report some progress.

Where did you find NOS 320 bumperettes?

• 3 months later...

I lie. Not NOS. Some of the Thailand stuff that's floating around in eBay. I'm pretty happy with the quality though.

I pulled the grill and grill trim last week for powder coat. Grill is in top notch condition but the hood trim I found to have a hole in each screw attach point. Looks like some idiot in years past had screws that were too long and pierced it. At any rate, I had these welded up and smoothed so I could then powder coat. As opposed to using chrome on my grill pieces I have decided to PC them in a metal flake silver to match my surf rack frame. I will the. Have the bumper, headlight and blinker bezels chromed. I have found that doing the grill as well is just TOO MUCH bling for my tastes....I think this will provide a nice contrast.

EF150F3E-5E32-4558-A74B-F842A8A33A0B.jpg

C7577D72-A5CA-4AF8-AE1B-0C81FFED5051.jpg

It was great meeting you and your brother In Williams. 

Happy to here you made it home safe.

Please let your brother know the 620 parts we talked about are still here.  if he wants them have him PM me the list with an address and I will get them shipped.

Thanks Charlie we had a blast as well. I will pass the word on to him. What parts were they again ?

Omelet - yeah she's not overly fond of being without her grill ha. Thanks for the 720 love. I've got lots more planned for that beautiful beast as well.

• 2 months later...

Grill came back from powdercoat. Looks good. Had to fix a couple pin holes in the grill trim that goes ok the hood, I'll post pics when it's back and both are installed. Now to get the blinker trim chromed and the front bumper straightened and chromed.

Picked up a NOS oil cap from Japan as well. It probably is a ways out but lately I've really been tempted to start building the little A14 with kameari pistons, springs, side draft carbs etc. the truck is fun as is but as per normal...never satisfied.

FB2775A8-B934-45BB-9F16-CE746638A162.jpg

• Like 1

Picked up a NOS oil cap from Japan as well. It probably is a ways out but lately I've really been tempted to start building the little A14 with kameari pistons, springs, side draft carbs etc. the truck is fun as is but as per normal...never satisfied.

FB2775A8-B934-45BB-9F16-CE746638A162.jpg

Is that a weber carb, do you have a part number? 

What weber is it?

I should have paid closer attention, I just assumed it was a stock E1 engine, I want a weber for an E1.

Thankyou for replying. :thumbup:

http://www.piercemanifolds.com/product_p/P17-001.html

The MGB mani from Pierce fits the E1, and the owner of the company has a Datsun 320 with this setup. Easy to work with and they jetted one for my 410 wagon. Sorry to thread jack the thread jack!

I learnt about the setup on Ratsun. Here http://community.ratsun.net/topic/45401-another-320-new-owner-65/

I kinda just want a Weber to bolt on to the stock manifold, as strange as it sounds, changing the intake manifold means an exhaust manifold change/modification, and that doesn't go over as well as just bolting on a Weber, a Weber with a manual choke seems to be OK, while anything else..........................

http://www.piercemanifolds.com/product_p/P17-001.html

The MGB mani from Pierce fits the E1, and the owner of the company has a Datsun 320 with this setup. Easy to work with and they jetted one for my 410 wagon. Sorry to thread jack the thread jack!

I learnt about the setup on Ratsun. Here http://community.ratsun.net/topic/45401-another-320-new-owner-65/

I will contact them about a Weber carb though, maybe they will just sell that.