Rust free '69 2-door 510 Shell + Race Parts - BAD510A

For Sale:

1969 Datsun 510 Coupe (2-door)

South Sacramento, CA (Near Pare Composites)

Backstory:

This car was originally an autocross racer that was placed in dry storage in 1982, until I purchased it in 2009, I am the second owner. The guy that owned it before me had it set-up in '82 with a full-race 2.4l motor, but to sort out the bugs he and a friend installed the motor into his friend's car. It so happened that his friend died racing his 510 with the 2.4l motor, and the guy never ended up putting a new motor in.

The car comes as a 100% rust-free bare shell, with all parts that I have for it. Anything that I removed was bagged and labelled.

Includes...

Outside:

• Hood, fiberglass
  • Front Fenders, fiberglass with BRE-style bubble flares
  • Rear fender flares, fiberglass BRE-style bubble flares
  • Rear deck lid, fiberglass, with moulded-in duckbill-spoiler (Super-rare!)
  • Front Splitter, Fiberglass
  • Front Doors with shaved door handles
  • Rear pop-out windows intact
  • Rear windshield intact
  • Rear taillight panel (1968, small taillights) to replace damaged panel on car
  • Front Grille, (Condition: 100%)
  • Headlight assemblies and surrounds (Condition: 100%)
  • Windshield-wiper surround / cowl panel, good condition
  • Windshield wipers and motor
  • Turn signal assmblies - Smoked and Amber

Interior:

• Dash shell available (trashed dash pad, no gauge cluster, etc.)
  • Front and rear interior door panels, handles, and hardware
  • Old-school Wink Mirror
  • Pedal Assembly
  • E-Brake Assembly
  • Steering Column Assembly
  • Door sill trim panels (banged-up, need straightening out)

Chassis:

Color: Battleship Grey with primer

• Front and rear inner-fender areas were clearanced to fit race tires with a hammer by previous owner.
  • Spot welds around front inner fender drilled out to clean up sheetmetal
  • Rear inner-fenders were pie-cut to fit large tires. Majority of pie-cuts have been removed for repair with new sheetmetal
  • Rear fenders were cut for tire clearance, area hidden by fender flares
  • Rear taillight panel was cut up to french taillights and license plate (I have a replacement '68 panel that I'll include.)
  • Rear parcel shelf was butchered to fit speakers. Needs straightening and welding.
  • Front and rear crossmembers, with all suspension members
  • Transmission crossmember with mounts
  • Rear diff of unknown origin (Per previous owner, it was imported from Japan in the 80's)
  • E-Brake routing/mounting hardware, no cables

Suspension:

• Front Swaybar with aftermarket endlinks
  • Rear swaybar with aftermarket endlinks
  • Old-school Koni shocks
  • Front camber plates (brand unknown)
  • Steering box and respective linkages (intact)
  • Hubs, all 4 corners
  • Vintage Enkei mesh wheels with worn-out race tires, black centers with polished lip (OK Condition)
  • T/C Rods
  • Finned Aluminum rear drums (super rare)
  • Front disk brakes

Misc Parts:

I have crates and crates of old-school race parts that came with the car, as well as every bolt that ever came off of the car/engine.

• Custom bumper towbar specifically setup for 510 bumper mounts
  • L-Series "Datsun 1600" valve cover - Painted
  • L-Series flywheel and clutch - Aftermarket
  • L-Series front engine cover, chromed
  • Brake and Clutch master cylinders, chromed
  • L-Series Starter
  • L-Series Igniter
  • NOS Brake Shoes - 2 pairs (Datsun)
  • NOS U-Joint rebuild kit - Koyo (Japan)
  • NOS Wheel Bearing - Matsuba (Japan)
  • NOS Wheel Cylinder rebuild kit - LazorLite (Japan)
  • NOS Wheel Bearing Seal Kit - Tokico SP220
  • L-Series rear engine cover, Chromed

Missing:

• Engine
  • Transmission
  • Driveshaft
  • Dash, remainder of interior
  • Seats
  • Taillights (if you use the '68 replacement panel provided, you will need '68 lights)
  • License Plate lights
  • Fuel Tank (Was replaced with a fuel cell at one point)
  • Wiring Harness
  • Brake Lines

Closing notes:

As I said previously, this is a 100% rust-free car. While it does have some repair needed, you can focus on the go-fast parts, and skip all of the rust-repair that most 40-year old Datsuns are plagued with. It is your responsibility to remove the car. As the car was in dry-storage all that time, the majority of rubber seals need to be replaced. I have every single bolt every removed from this car bagged up and in milk-crates.

Currently the car has the front suspension and steering reinstalled, and I am working to bolt the rear end together so that it rolls for transport.

My intent was to turn this 510 into a road-race car. Unfortunately life points us in different directions than we had originally planned on, so the car must go.

Looking for $1800, but I'll entertain offers. <i> Price Updated </i>

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im not trying to give you crap and i see your point but if your going to scrap it there has to be someone that would take it off your hands for a bit over the scrap price you would receive.... its just a bummer to see cars that are salvageable go to scrap

either way you gotta do what you gotta do. GL

im not trying to give you crap and i see your point but if your going to scrap it there has to be someone that would take it off your hands for a bit over the scrap price you would receive.... its just a bummer to see cars that are salvageable go to scrap

either way you gotta do what you gotta do. GL

Eh, I'm not going to get into an argument with you in my for sale thread. Needless today, the car has to be gone by Saturday, May 12th, or I'm out of options. If you're interested, please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

toykilla5150,

congrats on saving the car I saw this last night and thought to myself of buying it for myself since it looked like it was going to be crushed wish is a shame.

I remember talking to the original owner back in 1988 when he lived in milpitas and was moving up to oroville that same day I saw the car in his garage and he was offering it to me for $900 wish was an absolute steal back in the day, I believe the car had a DL potter engineering cylinder head with a hi lift cam and told me that the bottom end was being picked up that same day, it was supposedly a 2.3 stroker engine, it had a box of parts and I alwys wondered what happened to it all these years.

if you were ever going to sell it plese let me know s I knew I wanted that car since 1988, such a small world and these cars seem to resurface back from the dead

send me an email if you want to sell it sr71sss@yahoo.com

conrad

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.