510 Front Brake Upgrade: Wilwood 4 Piston, 280zx Rotors, 510 Struts/Hubs..PICS!

denis.drc

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...

Ok, I NEED to upgrade brakes/suspension on my 78 200sx, just trying to piece together info from this thread..

It seems the best thing will be to convert to 280zx struts/hubs yes? I'll go with 14" wheels that's good.

'1985 300zx oreilly part number 9842rgs is a direct replacement on that hub'

.. so that's an 84-85 300zx rotor that fits on the 280zx strut/hub assembly? I'm sorry I mess around with so many cars, and I'm not familiar with these old nissan/datsun front hub/suspension setups yet.

It that is all true, what's a better brake caliper I can use for this setup (and custom caliper brackets if needed?)

and the Futofab adjustable TC tie rod & LCA can be used too right

I'm not familiar with the 200sx but the 280zx already has a larger vented rotor and bigger brake setup than a stock 510. I would imagine the 200sx is similar.

And then, I could be flat wrong. But hopefully that gives you some reference if you know what the stock 510 front brake setup looks like.

• 2 weeks later...

Those look awesome! Great job!

Did you ever get a loner zx strut assembly to mess with? I am interested in the "kit" and have a zx assembly for you to mess with. If you are still interested??

Otherwise, would someone please explain the parts needed to upgrade the stock 510 brakes?

Those look awesome! Great job!

Did you ever get a loner zx strut assembly to mess with? I am interested in the "kit" and have a zx assembly for you to mess with. If you are still interested??

Otherwise, would someone please explain the parts needed to upgrade the stock 510 brakes?

Man, I haven't been here in a while...

I did get a ZX strut and have a bracket design. I'm also working on another "standard 510 strut" kit. Both to use a Wilwood Dynalite 4-piston, the 510 strut will have a rotor adapter.

PM me for info.