wifes 620

moparvwfreak

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i decided to work on the beast again. heads off, and there is NO wear what so ever on the cyl walls. and according to my dial caliper, the bore has been played with. my cal reads 3.474 vs 3.35 as L20 spec. yes i know, i should use a bore gauge but they seem to have disappeared. unfortunately i have an open head. I want a peanut but yeah, not in the budget for this build.

i also picked up, from DaveyDaveDaveDave, a repairable dash and a sweet old school visor for the truck. now to mount the visor and fix the dash.

• Like 1

motors out and on a stand. pans off, and it looks good inside. gotta clean out the pan though, plastic chunks from the chain guide. my plans for the motor are as follows.....

paint and reseal

new chain

new mounts

the block is going gold, but should i do the pan in that as well???

head is staying natural as in the timing cover (someone was working on polishing it as well)

exhaust manifold MIGHT go hi temp black (1500* VHT header paint)

polished Datsun OHC valve cover (already have) or a black wrinkle finished one with polished or painted ridges

anyone have other ideas???? i am open to any and all but its gotta stay somewhat stockish looking.

• Like 1

both guides and tensioner are now acquired, now all i need is teh chain and freeze plug kit. then the motor can get put together. also picked up the GOLD paint for the block. only one can though, as thats all we had in stock.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Timing chain is at homee now. But I forgot I still need to fix a couple bolt holes, and put in new exhaust studs. I am not gonna do the freeze plugs as I need to fix this beast before I totally kill the clutch in my other truck.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

unfortunately work, back injury and recent surgery have sidelined this project. i have since gone through teh motor, new chains, new gaskets, and all other stuff to reseal. all work has been done on the motor itsself. i have painted the engine bay and cleaned up wiring in the bay. i am still working on wiring mounting though but once i can get back to work and move better ill have the wiring done.

as for parts still needed, i am missing nuts and bolts for the fenders, new motor mounts, refinish the flywheel, and a new clutch and hardware for that. also am needing bolts for the idler arm mounts. all this stuff got scattered and i am at a loss to where they went.

i am also going to need to paint this beast again. i am gonna keep it 2 tone red and black. its a long list of stuff to do but in the end itll be nice to drive again.  

• Like 3