wifes 620

moparvwfreak

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here are my kick panels done and installed.

007-2.jpg

005-3.jpg

also lost hte headlights on saturday. aftermarket relay i used in place of the OE one died. i either have high only or nothing. yay...... time to find a relay, i have one but cant find it.

Thanks! We stumbled across it at Jo-Ann fabrics in everett. We need to get more!

Yesterday the kid and I replaced the bent drivers door, installed a hose for the breather and replaced the reverse light switch. I have back up lights now. First time in 3 620s :)

• 3 weeks later...

well, it has been confirmed, a 72 240Z column lock, WORKS on a 620. i installed the one i had in this truck and it works BEAUTIFULLY! i need to replace a roll pin, lost it at moms place, and install one piece i forgot to put in while i had it apart for a tumbler swap. oops... but even with the one missing piece it works flawlessly. i also finished the wiring for my fog lights, so thats now complete too. all thats left is to get the passenger marker light out and wire the markers to flash with the turns. makeshift fender turns. have the OE ones on both passats and my BMW. love em.

today i realized i was being an idiot. i figured out how to fix my heater issues. my KC held the answers.... heater box and controls. i doubt they are much different between the two, so i snagged it. my kid wont need heat for a track truck, so who cares! that box holds the resistor coil and fan motor so any way i look at it, i should be able to fix the system.

• 2 weeks later...

greased the outer bearings, yes i know, do both inner and outer at the same time. the only reason i didn't was i dont have new seals for em and o'reallys cant get em. vautozone can but they are a couple days out and no $$. so i greased em and adjusted em. no more vibration at 60! YAY!!!!! now to fix the idler arm and the front end will be done for now. then the Ujoints, carrier bearing, and output shaft seal.

just dropped $63 at Rock for the idler arm, front shocks and front wheel seals. thats less than anyone else wants locally for just the idler arm. yay!!!!..... now to gather more $$ to do the rear air shocks i want so i can actually haul crap in this truck.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

damn truck died AGAIN. at least it was another easy fix, just a piss off as usual. NEG batt lead died. weird huh??? so that got changed but i also have coolant leaking out of the seal for the water pump. at least i hope its a seal anyway. have that on order through work, but they dont have the water pump if i need one. suckzorz!

• Like 1

so over the last 2 days we have been putting this POS back together AGAIN..... water pump failed on me (new one on order through work. it'll be here tomorrow.... yay.....), positive and neg leads have been replaced, wired up the center guage lights( which failed), and wired up the flashing side markers. so alot got done, but its still not alot being done.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

yay... even more fun.... a timing chain guide broke...... i am gonna reseal the motor and see what all was done to it while i am in there. i will also be doing a timing chain and maybe a couple other fun things while i am in there. time to yank the motor. fun.......

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

can you tell me whats wrong with this picture????

th_SDC12605_zpsf4d6cda9.jpg

and does this look right to you guys? i dont remember that pin, or whatever its supposed to be looking like that on my other L20. if its not supposed to be that way, is it replaceable????

th_SDC12604_zpsdfa697f5.jpg

th_SDC12606_zps9fcfb7a6.jpg

motor is ready to yank, just gotta get my hoist back from my buddy and get bolts for the stand again. i dont think i'll do the chain as its still looks good but i am stumped on how the guide broke like that.

• Like 1