wifes 620

moparvwfreak

this is a truck we picked up in November. i dont know if the wife posted it but its a 73 with a webered 75 L20b, 5spd, and Pertronix EI. it needed to be assembled and some paint work. well its mostly assembled and i thik the paint looks cool as it is. so i'll let you guys tell me what ya think.

well we moved him out and although the paint has a funky look to it, I am liking it. its got that ratty yet HellBoy look to it. i am really liking it. i also got the yota rims on. looks good!

exterior

th_pt2012132.jpg

th_pt2012131.jpg

th_pt2012130.jpg

th_pt2012135.jpg

th_pt2012134.jpg

th_pt2012133.jpg

engine compartment

th_pt2012139.jpg

th_pt2012138.jpg

th_pt2012137.jpg

th_pt2012136.jpg

interior

th_pt2012145.jpg

th_pt2012144.jpg

th_pt2012141.jpg

th_pt2012140.jpg

look no rust!!!!

th_pt2012146.jpg

bed hooks, but no hooks! Although i HATE de-hooked rigs, this one works.

th_pt2012150.jpg

th_pt2012149.jpg

th_pt2012148.jpg

th_pt2012147.jpg

the one rust hole.....

th_pt2012151.jpg

peep mirrors

th_pt2012154.jpg

th_pt2012153.jpg

th_pt2012152.jpg

and the dipshit that helps me..... ( my son, hes a good kid and i just give him shit.)

th_pt2012156.jpg

th_pt2012155.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! What kind of wheels are those??

stock Toyota 4Runner wheels from the early 90's i think.

2eDeYe' timestamp='1333470160' post='665494']

What kinda help you need with the seat mounts?

a previous owner cut out the rear mounts and lowered em to fit buckets. dont ask me why but thats what they did. so in order to properly bolt my bench back in, i gotta fix those.

Oh I also finished installing the seat belts, steering wheel and trans tunnel plate. Still have to install fog switch, lighter, seat and tach. Almost done..... Anyone have a crown royal bag I can use as a shift boot?????

• Like 1

well today was a very productive day. i replaced the hood hinge and hardware for it, installed my rear plate (still ahve to cut a bolt to mount the front), installed cowl panel, cab vents, stripped the front bumper, and installed the underhood light from the 78. yes i know its crap and doesn't work well but i like it. i also sanded down adn reshot a spot that orange peeled bad. oh and took some ppeksures :thumbup: and here they are.....

th_005-1.jpg

th_004.jpg

th_003.jpg

th_002.jpg

th_001.jpg

Thanks man. I am hoping to drive it by the end of the month. Hopefully I can get it together by then.

Today I found my fan shroud, installed the tach (sunpro mini II), cleaned up some of the wiring, installed the hot and ground for the fog switch (although the switch has dissapeared), ziptied my front plate in place, and may have sold my Sentra. So all in all not a bad day.

i have found that O'Reillys can get me a NEW column lock for the truck, new key ways, and ignition switches. so, i am gonna put one in both the 73s. i ahve one from a 72 240z that i have taken apart to rekey but for $20 a new lock cylinder is the way to go. also i will be getting new door locks for this one as well since i dont have a key for it.. my other truck is already keyed to match and i dont feel like messing with it.

well the kid rebuilt the weber last night. his first true rebuild that mattered. he tore down and put back together a holley the other night but it was just a practice.

th_009.jpg

th_008.jpg

th_007-1.jpg

th_006-1.jpg

th_005-2.jpg

th_004-1.jpg

th_003-1.jpg

th_002-1.jpg

th_001-1.jpg

it took him about an hour to tear it down, new parts and reassemble. and i think he did a good job.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v422/moparPW200guy/Big%20D/?action=view&current=011.mp4

if it doesn't work maybe someone can link it right????

and his biggest fan, his girlfriend :D

th_010.jpg

well today was spent getting the windsheild installed. although its not quite right i hope it seals properly. when i was doing the top part of the seal it broke my headliner( old and VERY brittle.) so for now a little double sided tape is gonna hold the front up. i also ended up pulling the dash< again, to install the windsheild. yay...... at least these are easy. so hopefully tomorrow i can get the seat bolted in, install the carpet, and install the radio in the console. i have the perfect radio too. a mid 80s Pioneer PULL-OUT!!!! i just hope it still works. if i can get that done and insure it, i might take it to work tomorrow night. since i am a delivery driver, its a GREAT test ground. my runs give me stop and go, freeway, up and down hill, and various other tests and usually things go well.

i have the perfect radio too. a mid 80s Pioneer PULL-OUT!!!! i just hope it still works.

Very cool ... it's very hard to find old audio stuff, working and all.

The vintage pull-outs are sweet, I wish I could find an old Pioneer Super Tuner with the large round dial.

Weell I found out last night that the pull out WORKS! Not bad for a $4 buy at the thrift store. Now to find my rear speakers, cover my kick panels, install said panels and front speakers, carpet and seat then its done, for now :)

Well the interior is in!!!! But my pull-out is dead. new stereo put in and working, BUT........ the ACC part of my switch isn't working so teh radio is hot all the time and i just found out i have NO clutch.... yay..... just one more thing i needed. along with its now hitting on less than all cylinders... yay...... just shoot me now and put me out of my misery....

Yay.... Clutch is not working, and now it sounds as the trans is fucked. FML..... What else can go wrong right now on this.oh yeah, its not hittin on all 4 and backfiring out the carb. Yay.... And no I can't time it as the timing tab is not there... Yay........

i guess it wasn't as bad as i thought. i just cant fully put the clutch in and it works great. i drove it about 20 miles today and only a few little hiccups. its got a bad miss between 1500 and 2500, a whine in 1st and 2nd, and it needs shocks BAD! but all in all its doing ok///// top pic is a 5 min vid, at 4:10 oh yeah.......

th_016.jpg

th_014.jpg

th_013.jpg

th_012-1.jpg