rota aleica's 15x8-5's can fit..

i mounted some 15x8-5 :sweat: rota aleica's last week.. tires: 195/45-15. the fenders are are rolled and pulled, 280zx front struts no spacers, -.5 front camber and around -3 camber for rear (stock camber and toe).

need a bit more neg camber for front and will have no rub.. the rears i need to cut the inner step out still (4-door), and then no rub.

i will post pictures this week. just thought id let the nay sayers :baby: know that yet another 510 is running impossible offsets, with just the right amount of---> :poke: and a slight stretch. doesnt look hella flush or ridiculous either.

that is all.. :pirate:

• Like 1
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Hainz, we know the offset has a 5 in it by reading. What we dont know is whether it is +5 or -5 since he writes 15x8-5 instead of 15x8 -5 or 15x8 et-5. What helps to confuse even more is the tire size listed as 195/45-15, not as 195/45/15. Since the two are written so similarly I have determined offset is still +/-. But I would not be shocked if it is -5 as I have heard of some 13x9's with negative offset before with only a roll and slight pull.

Im thinking +5.

as my Rotas are +25 Im sure you could get a 8in under there but the fronts you want the right dish look also which most people put closer to Zero offset in the back(to get that deeper dish look in back) but you push the rim farther out thus needing to roll the fenders

280zx most people run close to zero to clear the threaded strut.

But not to do a Jesse Hi Jakson rims look like they fit.

However Im not in to rolling fenders

Im glad you posted this...there are a lot of haters of 15x8 wheels "it can't be done"....obviously it can and it has multiple times

I have work equip 15x8 -10 for the rear and 15x7 -3 front that just came in for my 2 door and people seem to think im crazy. My car is f20c powered so i needed something wider than a bicycle wheel to hold traction in the rear. Most members are not fans of aggressive fitment wheels on this forum

Unfortunately my rear tires will be 205/50's so im going to have a little more work to do.

• Like 1

Im glad you posted this...there are a lot of haters of 15x8 wheels "it can't be done"....obviously it can and it has multiple times

It can be done... sure. But I have yet to see someone fit 15x8 without flares while using a real tire size. Every time someone fits a wheel like that under a 510, they run stretched tires to get everything to fit properly. I'm running 205-50s on a 7" wheel... I'd like to see some 225s on these 8" wheels.

I have work equip 15x8 -10 for the rear and 15x7 -3 front that just came in for my 2 door and people seem to think im crazy. My car is f20c powered so i needed something wider than a bicycle wheel to hold traction in the rear. Most members are not fans of aggressive fitment wheels on this forum

Unfortunately my rear tires will be 205/50's so im going to have a little more work to do.

the biggest i have seen ran with out a mini tub or flare job that was lowered was sssr20dets car with skyline gtst 8's in the back with 215/40/16's and he had to roll the fenders and grind the lip off the control arm. It all comes down to stance vs functionality.

oregon dime i dig your wheels good to know they can be squeezed under a 4door

I have the 15x8 -5 with 205 50 15 test fit on mine 280ZX FRONTS they rub on turns but dot lol. Wagon fits the 15x9 -15 on back with 225 50 15 needs zg flares or a good pull

part of the reason i got these wheels cause i believed the the bull (and had 16x7 +15 with a 5/16" spacer on the front before these..) on the510realm that you couldnt comfortably fit a 15x7 -0 lol.. i saw pics of rota shakotan and wanted even more aggressive.

i had 205's before and still didnt have great traction, so i thought id rather look cool while i lose grip rather than rock wheels with a big fender gap and have no extra grip to show for it.

when i have a bigger garage ill install byrons brackets, and probably be able to run -2.5 camber in the rear, and make my lip look more natural. i still have a lil gap between tire and fender..

the inner fender lip removal is done fairly often, i have a friend from portland that did it to his 2 door so he could fit some 15x7's iirc... i dont plan on using a BFH and make the lip look like a failed plastic surgery.

ill post some more pics today after i get home from college

and my radiator wall has been cut to fit an intercooler, my crossmember has been flipped, my tranny tunnel opened up with a car jack and sawzall covered by a apartment for rent sign, and etc.. the inner fender lip mod is just another to the list of improvements.