$1,200 V8 Engine Swap - In a 510 now. 215CI 3.5 liter all Aluminum V8

Sale Pending

For Sale is a Complete Olds/Buick/Pontiac/Rover 215 CI all Aluminum V8 Engine and 5 speed T-5 Transmission. (car is not included)

The engine is from a 63 Old F85. It was an original 4 barrel car. The engine was rebuilt and has traveled less then 5000 miles since it was rebuilt. It has a Isky Cam and Flat Top pistons. It also has an Offenhauser 360 intake and a Holley 390 cfm 4 barrel Carb. It has a High Torque Mini Starter. It has a Pertronix unit in a factory distributor. The intake and valve covers were Jet Hot coated when the car was built.

The Transmission is a World Class T-5 5 speed from a Trans-Am and has a centerforce clutch.

This setup is currently in a Datsun 510 2 door. I built this car in 2000 enjoyed it as a weekend toy until 2005 when I sold the car to a friend. He barely drove it and in 2007, he slid into a curb in the rain and parked it. It sat at his place for 4 years. I towed it to my place and was going to fix the car. I have since decided that I have too many projects and this one needs a new home.

Today (3/31/12) I hooked up an external fuel pump with some fresh gas and jumper cables and got the engine to fire up. It would run and then shut off and would not stay running. I am pretty sure the carb is junked up and needs to be cleaned. I have a video of the startup that I will post if I can figure out how to do it.

The car ran and drove great when it was on the road. The engine was strong and the transmission shifted smoothly and was quiet.

You will get the complete engine, transmission and all of the accessories attached to the engine including the high torque mini starter, Offenhauser Intake, Holley 390 cfm Carb, Centerforce Clutch, World Class T-5, distributor with Pertronix unit , spark plug wires and alternator. You can also have the custom headers that were made for the 510 but one of them is cracked. I will also include the custom engine and trans cross members if you are going to install it in a 510.

I am willing to ship this to you at your expense. I will pull the engine and trans., strap it to a pallet and shrink wrap it and drop it off at a trucking terminal for a fee of $100. You will be responsible for the cost of shipping from the terminal to your location in addition to the $100 fee.

Local pickup is preferred.

I am in Silver Spring, Maryland (Suburbs of Washington, DC)

I may be willing to deliver this to you if you are not too far.

Please ask any questions before bidding.

Asking $1200

Here is what some of the parts would sell for individually.

World Class T-5 trans $300-$400

Offenhauser Intake $250

Holley 390 cfm 4 barrel Carb $250-$300

High Torque Mini Starter $150

215 Engine (core not rebuilt) $300 so this one is worth much more.

Just these parts alone should bring $1000 on ebay. I really prefer to sell it all but will part it out if I can't get a decent price for it.

photo53.jpg

photo16.jpg

photo43.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I will NOT be coming to MD to visit my parents..............no! NO!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

...........and rotate your pics!

Wow, screaming deal for someone!! Dave, I emailed Will over at Mountjoys about it too, as they might still be doing the V8 swaps in the MGB's.

• 7 months later...

Sorry to bump an older thread, but I briefly drove a puke green 510 with a Buick (or Olds) 255 V8 in it back in the 80s. The car spent time in Massachusetts then Georgia. Wondering if there might have been any connection to the above 510 in this thread, or if anyone knows the whereabouts or disposition of the car I once drove?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.