69 510 (Lenore)

Been looking for a 510 for quite a while when I came across this one. I first saw it back in September of 2011 and decided to focus on it. It wasn't for sale and over the course of the next few months I wasn't making much headway. My wife was able to convince the owner that I would be good to it. She is awesome! Well I'm not much of a storyteller so here we go with the pics...

DSCF4720.JPG

DSCF4721.JPG

DSCF4726.JPG

DSCF4731.JPG

DSCF4743.JPG

DSCF4739.JPG

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2eDeYe' timestamp='1333117517' post='663104']

Beauty, nice find. What are you plans?

To start I want to getting it running well. I have got it running and driven it just to make sure there are no major problems. After doing hoses and fluid changes I'm gonna start on the fun stuff.

Parts I have and will hopefully be working on this weekend-

Matchbox dizzy

Dual side drafts

Wishlist stuff-

Lower it

Wheels

I'm sure the list will grow as time goes on...

The Title has it as a 70, the door tag is stamped 9/69, and it has all the features of a 69 so I'm calling it a 69.

Is it the "fins" comming all the way to the front that makes the valve cover a 68?

'69's and early '70's had that valve cover.

Are the C pillar vents metal or plastic? Metal vents = '69, plastic vents = early '70. If it is an early '70, it is an exact twin of my car, color and all.

The Title has it as a 70, the door tag is stamped 9/69, and it has all the features of a 69 so I'm calling it a 69.

Is it the "fins" comming all the way to the front that makes the valve cover a 68?

Back in the day it was common for the registration to show the year it was bought. In theory you could have a '68 model year car (built in '67) that sold anytime in '69..... always hold to the manufacturer's date for parts.

The valve cover with the fins all the way to the front are considered slightly more collectible. They say DATSUN 1600 OHC and were used until Feb '70 only on the 510 and 521.

Nice car man..Does it currently run ?? i hope you get her all washed up and make it to Canby,

what`s the other vehicle an international? it looks to be in excellent shape also.

Yeah I got it running. Doesn't idle well though. New carbs going on this Sunday!

I was wondering if anyone would notice the Scout. It is dam nice and I was quicky told it is not for sale.

Here she is washed up. Not a great pic I will get more soon

2.jpg