I no longer haz Da Pumpkin :/

Did a trade with pumpkin dave the other week. Traded a disc break KC 620 shell and most of the necessary items to get it running for the pumpkin!

2d264955.jpg

I also had another buddy pick up a square eye 1980 210! So now i get to learn them well :D

98e9ab46.jpg

The pumpkn's gunna get some love and some parts to make it a reliable/more presentable DD for my little bro. Hes had more dattos than i have! To his credit he has only wrecked one

IMG_0977.jpg

4923418d.jpg

i warned him that wrecking the pumkin voids the big brother protection plan :rofl:

With that said onto the pic's!

23c173c8.jpg

.e494c096.jpg

bff17f11.jpg

d97f1a4b.jpg

a75dfbb0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RedBanner came over last night and we started to tear into the pumpkin to see what its guts looked like.

Da Pumpkin needz:

rear end rebuild (wheel bearings/seals/fluids/breaks ect ect.)

drive shaft needs shortened and rebuilt - too long

transmission rear seal - destroyed by the long drive shaft :rofl:

new carb set up - the throttle cable freezes up right now and its a cop attention getter

dash - something custom :devil: - i was a custom wood worker for years and a friend of mine has a full shop so we shall see what comes of it

door panels

rear seat

new hood - after the carb swap - dave said he has one for me :thumbup:

rear bumper

longer shifter

new seats

And the work begins:

The diff definitely leaks

e9e7a1a4.jpg

Yanking the diff

33fb3722.jpg

Trans fluid came out milky :no:

05fc3360.jpg

Trans rear seal looks a little hammered - getting replaced

d3d7711e.jpg

Got the diff out and up on stands to drain it

dad02e04.jpg

a3fe3a03.jpg

9745da37.jpg

We ended the night with loading up the diff/drive shaft/ and drums into banners b210

fe3cc86f.jpg

He going to press on new wheel bearings/fix up the diff with some parts Dave left at his place/ turn the drums/ and see if he has a shorter drive shaft or if i need to get this one shortened. :thumbup:

got the axle seals/break shoes/break retaining springs and cups all ordered. Already picked up the wheel bearings and seals, still looking for the spring kit for the breaks locally b4 i go to rock auto.

As for the stacks, i kinda like that idea banner, than add this

http://www.amazon.com/Automotive-Bonnet-Decorative-Crosscabriolet-Pathfinder/dp/B005G1WL28

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow , it has takin me a while to get it done, but tomaro I can bolt the axles in, bolt the brake lines on and run the rear end back to bolt it in.

I had taken some pics with my moms slr, on the teardown and wheel bearings , her computers down of course...

So I snapped a few picks today. I have to say, ive ran into problems on my car all the time, but I can tell I would make a poor mechanic.

I say that becouse every problem I did run into had a " this isnt mine " aspect that realy made me nervous.

Ive never had any real problems pressing off wheel bearings, but I tried every trick besides welding on the darn thing to get it off.

After a few close calls

2012-04-09231409.jpg

I decided to cutt them off

2012-04-09230213.jpg

Never done it but after a few phone calls it didnt seam so bad, and it wasnt.

I cutt alittle over half way thru and hit it with a cold chisle and it cracked.

2012-04-09230221.jpg

cleaned the axle and the new ones pressed on fine.

Ive never cleaned an axle good enough to paint either, and it seams like I still havnt. The paint reacted bad in a couple places, so ill have to clean them up and touch them up.

2012-04-09230313.jpg

I may need a few pointers on the auto adjust brakes, never messed with this type before...

love the orange!!!!! "safety orange" :rofl:

IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

the rear end is looking great thanx to redbanner!!!!! cant say it enough, thank you for your help man!!!!

waiting on the correct break shoes so we can wrap up this portion of the rehab.

• 1 month later...
The pumpkn's gunna get some love and some parts to make it a reliable/more presentable DD for my little bro. Hes had more dattos than i have! To his credit he has only wrecked one

IMG_0977.jpg

4923418d.jpg

Dude, that paint looks identical to my current truck in every last way!

Any idea what color it is? No way it's factory.

updates?

got the rear end back in and hooked up but there is still a knocking noise that needs to be looked at.

I have 210 driveshafts, free! Will fit any stock 210.

I would love a drive shaft!!! but if i remember correctly banner swapped in a b210 3rd member therefore changing the connection

Why was the transmission gear oil milky???

Still dont know but we drained it all and refilled with fresh fluids

I know I'm a little late to the party, but that's so rad you got the pumpkin.

I was just showing a co-worker this car a few days ago.

He thinks it's as cool as we all do.

:thumbup:

23c173c8.jpg

2b1cb5e8.jpg

it was a good trade, just gotta get it road worthy again. There were quite a few little things that needed fix. Actually there are still quite a few things to fix :P

Dude, that paint looks identical to my current truck in every last way!

Any idea what color it is? No way it's factory.

Not sure on the color monkey, i still have the carcase of the truck cus i just cant send it to the scrapper, ill see if there is a paint code.

holy hell! I'm a little newish so whats with those carbs? I've heard of long tube header's but thats leaving me wondering.

de8f40b4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

e788dd43.jpg

off it goes to redbanners shop with a lift to diagnose the drive line/rear end issues!!!!

Cranked down on the trailer, the rear ride height looks pretty good. Now you've got to drop the front to match. Explain to the cops that the carbs aren't raised, the car is just lowered.

My first Datsun was a 210. I had a lot of fun with it.

tortilla_chip_post-paint.jpg