17's on a 240z?

I'm using a 17x8.5 +4 w/ a 10mm spacer, in the rear of my 280, it's on a 245/40/17. While I'm currently not lowered (hopefully I will be by the end of the summer), the tire does rub on hard bumps on the fender. Realistically I'd have to do a good deal of rolling/pulling, or just run flares, to allow it to sit properly once lowered. It sticks out maybe 3/8" of an inch from the stock body line currently.

right on man, do you have any pics of it? Im not afraid of ruining my fenders while trying to make my wheels fit expespecially since my ride height is alot different. I just wanna know if 17's look like donks on a 240

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

right on man, do you have any pics of it? Im not afraid of ruining my fenders while trying to make my wheels fit expespecially since my ride height is alot different. I just wanna know if 17's look like donks on a 240

Sure here you go... If you need any others let me know, I can get them

IMAG0668.jpg

IMAG0666.jpg

IMAG0669.jpg

Man do tastes in cars change over time....

I used to be all about 17's/18's and even one car with 19's but now I think S30's look like complete shit with 17's. Don;t know what has changed, I've always thought I had a good eye for balance, maybe I didn't.... i hate hate hate 17's on a Z

Okay, now for the not an ass I'll help you out part. On Hybrdz there was an RB-R group buy, you've probably seen it. It has a ton of fitment within. It also happens to have the only S30 (stock body) that actually looks good with 17's. I can't recall the guys name but it's a white 240 with black wheel well vents, air dam and spoiler.

phpTzF69wPM.jpg

Damn, its like Rota RB with flares festival in here.

Out of all the ones posted thus far, the brown is my favorite, Something about the wheel color makes it look cleaner.

lol, once that group buy got going a lot of folks jumped on it.

IMO that brown 240 is fucking nasty. It looks like it's about to go 4 wheeling to me. I mean look at that rear wheel.... ugh so grose.

To each his own though. A few years back I used to hate slammed z's with stretched tires. I dig it now and know there are plenty of people who don't.

not to mention a cage and headlight covers.

lol, I just realized how silly that post reads with me describing the car and then posting a picture.... I found that picture later and added it without saying "I found a picture"

• 3 weeks later...

I love those fender flares.

Thanks! we custom made the rears, im still on the fence about them, but i think once there all blended and attached properly ill like them

The fronts are full fiberglass fenders, there not made anymore, i forget who made them but there over 15 years old, and never been mounted!

Lol, nah ill just make him stand there while im driving, i was just trying get the front to drop some to get a better idea how the flares look, without the car being assembled i dont wanna lower it anymore until all the weights in it.

Thanks! we custom made the rears, im still on the fence about them, but i think once there all blended and attached properly ill like them

The fronts are full fiberglass fenders, there not made anymore, i forget who made them but there over 15 years old, and never been mounted!

it looks like my dad's old camaro, the rear looks alot like the fender flare's I'm making for my eclipse, bolt on flare's are nice but that home made touch is a million times better in my opinion.

321611_103415869770723_1661419220_n.jpg

303781_103415233104120_1904696500_n.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My 240Z is running 16 x 7 Panasports with 225-50-16 tires. They are a good fit.2007-zcon-03-0068B.jpg

I'm new to the forum, and need help with wheel fitment. I'm planning on getting the Panasport 16×7 zero offset similar to qwik510 setup, and planning on dropping my 75 280Z by one inch. Will i be required to roll the fender with 225/50/16 tires? And what is the offset of your Panasports? Is your car lowered? If so, by how many inches?

Best regards. Z