17's on a 240z?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two factors you didn't mention are kind of necessary; how low are you planning, and what's the offset of the wheels?

I'm running 16x7, +24 (I think) and have about an inch of space between the wheel and the lower spring perch.

DSC00980.jpg

IMAG0243.jpg

225/50/16 in the rear, 205/50/16 in the front.

I probably wouldn't touch the 17's.

I have 1 1/2 coils cut in the front, the rear is on 280z lowering springs.

Slammed on my 16x8's -0 looks fine i know ima need to roll my fenders at one point but i just want alittle more poke and up size tires while maintaining my current loo. 16's arent to big at all and 17's are my max and 8.5-9inch wide is max width i'd go since im trying to stay with stock metal. 15' s limits brake upgrades for future reference, i have 15inch eagles that barely clear my rear disk conv unless i run across some 15x9 mk3's and run staggered setup. I think the offset on the 17's were like +15 or something.

Ill take a look through all my pics and see what i have, but i can tell you my +12 offset 17x9.5 rubbed my stock struts before 30mm spacers and it was about an inch of poke after the spacers.\

Ill see what i can find for pics

Was the actual rim rubbing or was the tire rubbing? I doubt id go for 9.5's considering i would just bump to 10's anyways with negative offsets, wish someone made good 8.5's

Guess ill be black sheep again lolz ...

i am going to paint these charcoal black on the spokes.... i am putting in a straight axle .... i will flaring fenders for sure lolz

17's seem to big, but most of us are limited to the datsun bolt pattern...

I am now running a 5x4.5" bolt pattern on the back... A LOT more options :)

These are Cobra Mustang Bullit wheels (17"x9" ... 45mm offset .. aprox 6.75" backspace)

The inside lip is 9" , and the outside lip is 10" overall.

Putting p245/45-17" Toyo Prices TR-1 tires on it ... 90% tread for dirt cheap ... tires are rated "z" for 186mph stability lol...

IMAG1455.jpg

IMAG1456.jpg

IMAG1461.jpg

A hybridz member did this apparently ...17"x8" mustang bullit wheels all around ( in satin black! ? )

5-lug-HybridZ.jpg

I still may run some 15x10" aluminum mags with p295/50-15 tires instead ( very wide lol )

• Like 1

Wow if 17's is the case...

My ride height+17's= Very Very Much Gangster Tucked, i dont like "herrToiletflush" look to much i will choose tucked fitment all day. Those 16x7's are invalid..im going keep it 8 or wider.

Yup sure is the case! 17" is smallest wheel made even in replicas in this particular line.

Haha to each his own :)

Qwik510 those 16x7's look very tasteful on your 240z ! Very nice :)

• 1 month later...

For what it's worth... My 16x7 Panasports arrived this weekend. I put them on and it doesn't look like the off-set is going to work for me (they appear to stick out too far). Most everyone recommended to buy the 0 offset so that's what I did. I LOVE the way qwik510's car looks and I'm trying to get the same look (stance, wheel size, tire size etc.). I still need to lower the car (coil-overs) and buy 60 series tires. When I lower my car the 0 offset will rub on the outside of the tire. It's a bit of a "dance" between the clearance on the front and the back side of the tire and with the 0 offset the outside has less clearance than the back.

Qwik510 - I LOVE THE WAY YOUR CAR LOOKS! VERY NICE!!!! could you help me out and let me know what offset your Panasport whees are?

NOTE: From the outside bead (where the tire mounts) to the where the "wheel spokes" meet the rim the distance is ~1.75 inchs on my wheels. I'll take a quick photo and try to attach to this thread for reference.

Thanks, Mike

For what it's worth... My 16x7 Panasports arrived this weekend. I put them on and it doesn't look like the off-set is going to work for me (they appear to stick out too far). Most everyone recommended to buy the 0 offset so that's what I did. I LOVE the way qwik510's car looks and I'm trying to get the same look (stance, wheel size, tire size etc.). I still need to lower the car (coil-overs) and buy 60 series tires. When I lower my car the 0 offset will rub on the outside of the tire. It's a bit of a "dance" between the clearance on the front and the back side of the tire and with the 0 offset the outside has less clearance than the back.

Qwik510 - I LOVE THE WAY YOUR CAR LOOKS! VERY NICE!!!! could you help me out and let me know what offset your Panasport whees are?

NOTE: From the outside bead (where the tire mounts) to the where the "wheel spokes" meet the rim the distance is ~1.75 inchs on my wheels. I'll take a quick photo and try to attach to this thread for reference.

Thanks, Mike

I have 16x7 - 0 Panasports on my '78 with 225/50R16 Hankook RS-2 tires. I think they look great, but I had to trim about 10mm of the flange off the rear fenders to keep them from rubbing and destroying the tires.

IMG_4027.jpg

IMG_4028.jpg

To fix the rubbing, I pulled the springs and moved the suspension through full travel. I kept trimming until they just barely fit without rubbing at all. You can see the missing rubber on the tire's shoulder where the stock fender chewed away at the tire.

IMG_4121.jpg

You can see the width difference in the flange where I had to trim.

IMG_4132.jpg

I'm running 16x7........

My 240Z is running 16 x 7 Panasports with 225-50-16 tires.......

For what it's worth... My 16x7 Panasports.......

I have 16x7 - 0 Panasports on my '78 with 225/50R16.........

THREAD TITLE: 17'S ON A 240?

The thread says 17's all i got was 16 this n that....jesus

Doublefacepalm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using a 17x8.5 +4 w/ a 10mm spacer, in the rear of my 280, it's on a 245/40/17. While I'm currently not lowered (hopefully I will be by the end of the summer), the tire does rub on hard bumps on the fender. Realistically I'd have to do a good deal of rolling/pulling, or just run flares, to allow it to sit properly once lowered. It sticks out maybe 3/8" of an inch from the stock body line currently.