72 Datsun 510 sedan - NLA

I know, I know...but, right now just isn't the time, and it seems a little more needs done that I don't have the time/money/resources for right now.

I have a 1972 Datsun 510 2 door. Little Miss Sunshine as its been known on here.

There is rust in the quarters and the rockers along with other misc places, but, its a good workable body that you can see all the problem areas. Floor pans could use being replaced, but, for now they were temporarily fixed and the interior cleaned up.

Interior cleaned up very nice (minus the headliner) with only the seat backs having small rips in them. Also, the engine bay has been wire wheeled and repainted with color matched spray cans (mixed at the local paint shop)...there are two small areas of rust in the engine bay that were wire wheeled down, treated with rust inhibitor, primered, and painted.

All new brake lines, master cylinder, clutch master, clutch slave, and clutch line. The rear brakes have new wheel cylinders, though I was unable to find a hardware set for driver's rear, so, it is blocked off at the moment.

car will be coming with a set of 200sx rear brakes, though, that I planned to swap onto it.

As far as the drivetrain. Its an L20B with a dogleg 5 speed. It runs, but, I'll be honest, it needs tuned and needs some help. It smokes and runs rough occasionally, falls flat on its face, then backfires and runs fine. Now, when it runs good, it actually does run very well, but, as I said, the carb needs tuned/cleaned, and it could probably use valve seals. It does start right up every time, though. About the easiest starting carbed engine I've ever seen, warm or cold.

Also...needs a radiator (this one is leaking).

But...it has a 225mm clutch from the pickup the l20b is supposedly out of that feels good.

And, the engine has a new water pump and a new alternator, though its not charging...but, I may still try and get that problem squared away. Also has an electric fan on it wired to a switch under the dash.

The car needs work, no doubt about it, and if I had the funds and time, I'd pull the l-series out and drop another motor in, but, I can't.

The l20 could be used if someone wanted to give it some love. But, it needs work. It was supposedly a running driving motor, but, I guess "running and driving" isn't very specific.

But, I'm looking for $3k for the car. Its a good start for a build or just a good one to get running good and rat it out (which was my plan). But, right now, as I said, I can't and I even may be moving back to Florida, in which case I couldn't take it with me.

So...$3000...not that much more than I paid for it for all I've done to the car. If you have any trades, I may consider them, anything. Just let me know. Call/text me at 717-688-0284. I'm located in Hanover, Pennsylvania, 17331 zip code.

(A side note, I'm trying to be as critical as I can...lol)

Pictures...I'll get some updated interior and engine bay shots tomorrow probably. Shots of the outside were taken just yesterday.

DSC09326.jpg

DSC09311.jpg

DSC09302.jpg

DSC09286.jpg

DSC09295.jpg

DSC09297.jpg

DSC09324.jpg

IMAG0278.jpg

DSC09164.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am very interested. i literally just spent most of my savings on parts for another car. i would be willing to trade an 82 suzuki GS1100e and some cash for your car. OR i might consider trading one of my 2 intiniti G20s for it. one is my daily driver and the other is a half finished project that i just spent over $1000 in parts this weekend so i should be able to wrench it back together in the next month or so.

do u have a replacement radiator? also any pics of the floors and frame rails? looks prety solid bump for a super local guy :)

I don't have a radiator, and the frame rails are good...no pics but I can get some. And, the floors...as I said, they were a temporary fix...sheetmetal set upon the existing floor and screwed on. Strong as hell, but, not right. But, my plan was to get the car going and slowly restore it, full floor pan replacement being one of the restores...so, this was a temporary solution...don't hate me :P I hated rigging that, but, one, you don't see it, and two...well this is ratsun, right? lol I could've used street signs...hahahha

But...if you're interested, feel free to come look at it if your close. My number is up there, just let me know...I'm free a good part of most days being I'm in college...lol

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.