Jordan's Fully Caged, Flared, Tubbed 72 SR 510

510 OC

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking YAY!!!! ... awesome!! ... :cool: .... under the rear pillar vents is a brace from the speaker tray to the quarter panel

that's alot of the 510 structure,,, there's even a seat belt bolt hole, then just a weak piece of metal connecting that to the center seam of the rear shock towers (yours is cut out almost flush with the speaker tray) .. how are you going to connect that back to the shock towers?

What size wheels/tires are you going to run?

• Like 1

Fucking YAY!!!! ... awesome!! ... :cool: .... under the rear pillar vents is a brace from the speaker tray to the quarter panel

that's alot of the 510 structure,,, there's even a seat belt bolt hole, then just a weak piece of metal connecting that to the center seam of the rear shock towers (yours is cut out almost flush with the speaker tray) .. how are you going to connect that back to the shock towers?

What size wheels/tires are you going to run?

Thanks Indy.. Going to add more bracing tomorrow. The roll cage will tie into the shock towers for strength. Wheel size? I'm not sure yet. Gonna run the widest possible. Most likely going to have some custom one offs made. INDY STYLE, super low with massive rubber!! :thumbup:

Thanks for the props! I almost shit myself when I saw the wheel wells cutout :sick: Nice recovery! Looks sick! I hope your gonna cage it though. The car will be 3 wheeling after the first corner.

For the front I see you used the mk1 flares also. Did you swap sides? Left 510/ right mk1 or left/left?

Keep it up :thumbup:

-Josh

• Like 1

Thanks for the props! I almost shit myself when I saw the wheel wells cutout :sick: Nice recovery! Looks sick! I hope your gonna cage it though. The car will be 3 wheeling after the first corner.

For the front I see you used the mk1 flares also. Did you swap sides? Left 510/ right mk1 or left/left?

Keep it up :thumbup:

-Josh

Thanks Josh.. We are definitely going to do at least a 6 point cage and weld up as many seams as possible. We used the mk2 flares just like you for the front. Left 510/right mk2.

Nice. They looked like mk1 but its hard to tell. The mk2 Is much wider at the rear though, right where you need it. I have some more mk1 flares I might test fit just to see if They'll work.

What wheel/tire?

-Josh

Sounds like a good plan. Most likely going to have some billet wheels made, inspired by Watanabe. Thinking 15x8 -0 offset or 15x9 -0 offset. 225/45-15's for the tires.

• 3 months later...

Haven't posted in awhile but i decided to clean up my diff. Came off a 03 Subaru WRX. It's a R160 VLSD, 3.54 or 3.9 gear ratio i believe. Going to go with Ratsun member Josh K's CV and flange kit. :thumbup:

photo153.jpg

On the left is the Subaru WRX VLSD and on the right is the stock 510 diff.

photo154.jpg

WoW man, some GREAT work ur doing... Can't wait to see the progress, wish I had access to ur workshop... And ur metal working skills lol...

The truck is so sick, I've seen it a couple times at the yearly truckin' shoot out, such a badass truck...

-Rob

Thanks BlkSSnCPT, should have the floor pans welded in today.

Yeah, Hellboy built by No Limit is a BEAST!!!! :thumbup:

pop that diff cover and tell us the ratio :)

The ring gear had 39 teeth and the pinion has 11. I came up with 3.54, does anyone know if this is rite? I was looking on a Subaru forum and it said the final drive ratio was 3.90 and it also said something about a center diff but i don't think that applies to me.

photo160.jpg

The ring gear had 39 teeth and the pinion has 11. I came up with 3.54, does anyone know if this is rite? I was looking on a Subaru forum and it said the final drive ratio was 3.90 and it also said something about a center diff but i don't think that applies to me.

If it's 39/11, then it's a 3.545. :thumbup:

The most common Subaru ratios are 3.545 and 3.70. The 3.90 and 4.11 are a bit harder to find.

• Like 1