GEO METRO - COMBAT EDITION - FOR SALE - $1950 obo

i may... i may... but it wont happen for quite a while... something either has to go catastrophically (sp?) wrong with my current setup, or i have to finish all of my other projects before i take this on. lmao. but yeah, looks like ill be showing it in the upcoming copperopolis car show on may 5th 2012 (posted a link to it on the events page) and i think that ill riob the sparco mudflaps from my wifes project being that she doesnt want them. lol.... all just thoughts at this point.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Killer Geo!!

I'd drive it.

So glad you used a different muffler and not another honda kid dual loop!! :rofl: :rofl:

RELAX I'M JOKING ! ! !

HAhahahahahahahahaha.....................................................ahem..........sorry.

• Like 1

thanks.. yeah man.. i thought about doing something like this with plenty of cars, i think if i was to ever have a DO OVER. lol... i would run a subaru platform with a natural AWD setup already. overall im very happy. DEFINETLY keeping it Japanese, this thing has proven its reliability in gold. B)

you should do the easy things first, pretty sure the fuel sell would take less time then adding a 2nd motor or adding an exo-skeleton, not saying not to do those, but more progress is made when the smaller things are done first.

• Like 1

yeah, i agree with you comletely.. right now the datsun is consuming my life for the most part... when i get the datsun road worthy again, ill be reviving THIS beast... maybe not modding it, BUT... i will be building a trailer for it out of some old prelude rear suspension i have lying around from my scrapped attempt at a 1982 prelude bseries swap from a few years ago... the trailer should be perfect... beautiful independant light duty hub/wheel assy's with a million and a half options for trailer wheels :D but yeah the cool thing is that i can build it specifically to hold the Geo as it sits. i plan on using as much light weight metal as possible because the towing vehicle will be the DATSUN... lol.. so i cant wait to get some footage of this build in progress...

• 2 weeks later...

i just brought it back from sitting for much too long (too embarrassed to say) and drove it to my local onnofficial skid pad for some "urban rock crawling... i wasnt the guy taking pictures, but i like the way these turned out. lol... i love driving it!

2012-07-19200559.jpg

2012-07-19200609.jpg

2012-07-19200657.jpg

and i also got a copy of a VIDEO the guy got from his phone too... not the best, but not bad for improv. lol

• 1 month later...

i never got around to posting it up, but its better late than never... the Geo hasn't died, its just simply been re tasked through the recession. lol... i don't have a trailer to tow it to off road parks YET... and driving it out of my neighborhood is risky being that it had expired tags on plates that have been reported "lost" so i keep her up and running as a mule around the house... i just used her to load up a trailer of scrap metal that weighed in at 2000LBS!!! yeah... my beautiful little work horse :D

531500_3499767538377_1361227285_n_zps6bc33c06.jpg

582142_3499684056290_829343763_n_zpsfc5f941d.jpg

i case you were wondering WHAT it was i called "scrap metal" there is basically 1.5 chopped up cars and randoms in that truck bed! haha... my old "project prelude" and the other half of the pickup i used to make the trailer in the first place. lmao! it towed it like a champ.

---side note... wired registered trailer is officially UP FOR SALE asking $500. its the leftovers of a 1984 Datsun/Nissan 720

close enough to maybe use tracker drive train?? and there are kits to match up the 3cyl metro engine to the tracker trans etc.. so you can keep the 3cyl goodness

I wonder if a Mazda M6 FWD V6 engine could be coaxed into the rear of this vehicle? I have heard that this Mazda V6 can be squeezed into a FWD Honda.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

ill have to find the video of it racing at the rally-x in Sant Rosa CA... but yeah, airborne only does so good... its very front heavy.. lol

LOL. Oh I see. Makes sense. Being that literally ALL the weight is in the front. Well then, I guess video will suffice. lol.

• Like 1

i cant figure out how to get it off my facebook... i should have put it on youtube... oh well... check your pm.

Ah ya see, there ya go. If you figure it out let me know. Youre in cali right? My phone doesnt show locations under your photo. Cause id just come watch if you were close.

• 3 months later...

just finished maching up the rough draft for the exo with blackmarkit from the forum... heres the shots below, it was recommended that i install a belly bar, well see how that plays out in the long haul..

Photo0483_zps24bde0a1.jpg

exo1_zps85f61f8e.jpg

exo2_zps4363c16c.jpg

hopefully this can get started as soon as possible, this, along with other projects has made life extremely difficult.

• 1 month later...

IMG952091_zps767225a3.jpg

Just a teaser picture of the progress on the metro... The connection points are sleeved, and the internal crossbar goes through the body and connects to the sliders and the upper portion of the cage. thanks ten times over again to Blackmarkit (here on the forum)...

• 2 months later...

SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS THIS THING IS THE BEST THING!!!!!

Props times a babillion man. Looks like sooooo much fun.

Who'da thunk the Geo Metro would have been such a popular platform for such crazy modifications. This dude in the next town over turned one into a flatbed truck. It was retarded looking, but you kinda had to give him props for imagination.

• Like 1

SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS THIS THING IS THE BEST THING!!!!!

Props times a babillion man. Looks like sooooo much fun.

Who'da thunk the Geo Metro would have been such a popular platform for such crazy modifications. This dude in the next town over turned one into a flatbed truck. It was retarded looking, but you kinda had to give him props for imagination.

explaination to the modding: Small, Cheap, EPIC MILEAGE! lolz

• Like 1