Project LS 521

pugz

Well here it is, My 1971 datsun 521 project, 18/20" Intro Wheels 20x10 rears with 4" backspace (6"+ lip in the rear), narrowed 04 chevy tahoe rear end with disk brakes, Suspension by Slaughter House Customs and WeCutIT.com, Paint and body by Scott Rupp and Justin Berry, Sponsored by: Ryan's Sheetmetal designs, Intro wheels, Best Automotive, Keg-media, Maxxed wheels and suspension, and Beebani Customs, so far. Of course im swapping over all my parts that i had for the pathy, flaming river column, mustang 2 rack(maybe), full rewire with ezwiring.com harness, Accuair SwitchSpeed setup with VU-4 valve manifold, 5.3l LS motor carb'd, 700r4, f.o.a off road shocks, and im sure that i am forgetting somethings right now too.

heres the rendering by Keg-Media.com

i-x8fhCdX-L.jpg

heres how it used to look,

701527324_deQXk-L.jpg

this hood graphic isnt shown in the rendering but will be one the truck, if i can keep the hood with the motor swap. lol

i-jQ4Zn6H-L.jpg

and heres a current pics, mostly bodyworked, Scott already has the fender and door for body work, and will be getting the bed soon.

None of the below pics will ever look like this again. lol

i-npVQBQC-L.jpg

i-KXMCtT5-M.jpg

i-gH6cqjj-M.jpg

i-vM6Z9wh-M.jpg

i-fkHbwmj-M.jpg

Scott will have most the body soon while the suspension is being built, hes shaving a few things and just getting it all ready to paint, after the suspsnsion is done, he will finish the body work and then its going to a buddied hot rod shop to wire and plumb the motor and get it running. from there its going back to scott to do the final assembly and all paint. this truck will be finished and will be at SEMA parked next the Truckin Magazine guys, will be there with a friends 720 bodydropped on 22/24s. we will be the only 2 lil datsuns in the Truckin lineup. lol. Wheels will be here any day and ill post pics when they arrive. Then i have to narrow the axle and then its straight to get the suspension done. Should have fairly regular updates since everything is being done within 30 miles of my house.

Heres the passenger side interior door panel that Ryan just finished. check out his work at http://www.facebook....176417162419804

426968_3023738956930_1366415905_32142358_1712954935_n.jpg

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What program did you use to make the truck? :lol:

sweet truck! i love the door panel wish there was someone local with a bead roller :D

the rendering was done by keg-media.com and i think all they use is photoshop.

hit up ryan for beadrolling, im sure he can ship you out some stuff

that grill is going to be killer can't wait to see how it all turns outbiggrin.gif

ya im still trying to find someone to make the grille for me. its going to be a bitch but will be worth it in the end

Wow looks good now i want to drop a LS2 in my truck.

do it!!! lol. ill let you know how bad it fits in a few weeks.

Looked nice before you started. Based on the render it should be pretty bitchin when it's finished.

thanks, i cant wait to have it done. its gonna be a bumpy ride to do the build in 7 months. but itll happen.

Well here it is, My 2012 SEMA project, 1971 datsun 521, 18/20" Intro Wheels 20x10 rears with 4" backspace (6"+ lip in the rear), narrowed 04 chevy tahoe rear end with disk brakes, Suspension by Slaughter House Customs and WeCutIT.com, Paint and body by Scott Rupp and Justin Berry, Sponsored by: Ryan's Sheetmetal designs, Intro wheels, Best Automotive, Keg-media, Maxxed wheels and suspension, and Beebani Customs, so far. Of course im swapping over all my parts that i had for the pathy, flaming river column, mustang 2 rack(maybe), full rewire with ezwiring.com harness, Accuair SwitchSpeed setup with VU-4 valve manifold, 5.3l LS motor carb'd, 700r4, f.o.a off road shocks, and im sure that i am forgetting somethings right now too.

heres the rendering by Keg-Media.com

i-x8fhCdX-L.jpg

heres how it used to look,

701527324_deQXk-L.jpg

this hood graphic isnt shown in the rendering but will be one the truck, if i can keep the hood with the motor swap. lol

Nice door panel.

i-jQ4Zn6H-L.jpg

and heres a current pics, mostly bodyworked, Scott already has the fender and door for body work, and will be getting the bed soon.

None of the below pics will ever look like this again. lol

i-npVQBQC-L.jpg

i-KXMCtT5-M.jpg

i-gH6cqjj-M.jpg

i-vM6Z9wh-M.jpg

i-fkHbwmj-M.jpg

Scott will have most the body soon while the suspension is being built, hes shaving a few things and just getting it all ready to paint, after the suspsnsion is done, he will finish the body work and then its going to a buddied hot rod shop to wire and plumb the motor and get it running. from there its going back to scott to do the final assembly and all paint. this truck will be finished and will be at SEMA parked next the Truckin Magazine guys, will be there with a friends 720 bodydropped on 22/24s. we will be the only 2 lil datsuns in the Truckin lineup. lol. Wheels will be here any day and ill post pics when they arrive. Then i have to narrow the axle and then its straight to get the suspension done. Should have fairly regular updates since everything is being done within 30 miles of my house.

Heres the passenger side interior door panel that Ryan just finished. check out his work at http://www.facebook....176417162419804

426968_3023738956930_1366415905_32142358_1712954935_n.jpg

got my rear end last week, kinda. 04 denali complete rear end, 3.42 gear, disk brakes, so they sent me one without calipers or brackets, but have already sent me a new one...... this one measures about 59" from hub to hub, the stock datsun one is about 48" from drum to drum, and id have to narrow the stock one down.... so im looking at somewhere between 12-18" per side of the yukon rear end that has to be cut and narrowed. also go a call from intro and my wheels are a lil behind now, so they will ship out to me late this week. so probably wont have them till the next week.

418489_3034738551913_1366415905_32146609_1456167483_n.jpg

now time to strip

Dash in

i-cSngfSV-L.jpg

Dash out

i-Xj3mSGp-L.jpg

the seat is jsut sitting in there.

Beebani Machining my front brake upgrade adapters

i-6wt6vtr-L.jpg

Adapters done

i-QTPDtjT-L.jpg

should be pulling out all the drivetrain this weekend. once the wheels get here i should start having some real updates.[/

• 3 weeks later...