"Lola" the 620 (now with moar oics!)

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I definitely have some tuning to do. Going to buy a new timing light tomorrow and start on it. My goal is to pick my stepson up at school in it after his spring break is over. Should be pretty cool pulling up and having him jump in with all the kids watching

• Like 1

Sounding good.... that's a pretty quick response on the air fuel, I like it....

Did they give you any info about the data logging... I saw it said something about some software but do you need something else to be able to get that info...

Keep up the good work... closer and closer... I think this is the hardest time... so close you can taste it....

They sell a pocket data logger for $99 I think. I'm not too interested in it at the moment. I think the motor I'll build in the end will be with ITB's, so I'll be sure to have one by then. I didn't get software with mine, I'm not sure if that's normal or not but I think you can download it to a computer. It came with the hook up cable for the computer so I would assume I can do data logging as is. It's insanely fast, I like the digital display as well as the moving led. It's easy to see and read which was one of my fears if I had purchased their analog version.

• Like 1

Well I am sold.... and I actually saw a efi setup that looked just like a weber..

Screenshot_20170331-082039_zpsr7qjm5ay.p...

Pretty sure you need a control system too...

My other idea was use the carb for the air flow and drill and install fuel injectors into the intake manifold.

Sorry brain got distracted.. I get bored and think up random shit....

• Like 1

I here you.... That's why I liked that fox injection.... looks like a 45dcoe, and is efi..... but old school period raceparts would be sweet to see or if unavailable atleast be able to copy the look.... leaving those thoughts for winter months when I won't be able to drive mine...

I need to do some more research on Japanese companies that have been around that long, so far I've got hks, tomei, nismo and blitz didn't come out until the 80's, looking at either bride or recaro gradient fabric to cover my bench

The only part I'm familiar with through them is their header, which I plan on making my own tubular header. I really need to get more familiar with datsuns. This is my first, been a vw/Audi/Porsche guy for a long time and went through a ae86 phase with my white sr5 hatch. I need more input

I've been re-watching a lot of wangan midnight and initial D lately, mostly out of boredom. And I'm starting to lean towards throwing some bride/recaros in there and maybe having a simple cage made. Building a daily driven track truck I guess. We'll see where the project ends up

• Like 1

While making a block off plate for my console to mount the wideband, I decided to pick up some vinyl paint.

BC7FFB57-5DDA-4ACD-A617-7EB2A95F84B0_zps

Wanted to test how it looked first so I went big

325C9B25-B48A-45A3-88A2-48AABBB1F96A_zps

Glad the brown is gone.... turned out pretty good!

All I did was scrub them really good with soap and water, let them dry out in the sun, dusted them off and sprayed them. The paint looks like it sticks really really well, very flexible too. I guess I'd hope it was seeing as its for upholstery...

• Like 1

I've got to build a new exhaust from the cab back, I think it's all 2" but I'll need to double check. Going to make a heat shield for the fuel cell (thinking about raising it up too), so I threw the bed back on to figure out how I can plumb the exhaust

37AFC483-ED14-4727-9F86-89CB33223DC0_zps

Like I said, probably going to raise this up and make it almost flush with the bed

F5C5573F-064A-4DE7-BA5F-9EC41780814D_zps

And the ZG flares I picked up turned out to be the 4" flares and need some more work before I can put them on, but I got them for $40 and won't be putting them on until I get my 15x10"s anyway

65FCA30A-D0E7-4F69-A6E1-DDDB9118C3B5_zps

• Like 2