"Lola" the 620 (now with moar oics!)

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No I agree, I've had the kill switch for a very long time. Kept having issues with ignitions because of the weight of my key ring..... and losing keys lol

There was a time I went through a ton of starters as well and basically just used a screwdriver to jump the starter

I have only had to replace one ignition switch by no fault of my own other than when I put the dz start into my longbed. I don't keep more than car specific keys, a house key and maybe a Keychain on my car specific key chains. I have too many vehicles I don't drive often enough to keep all my car keys together

I've got way too many keys. I really need to consolidate. I think 4 of them are for the truck, 2 fobs, another key for my rover, spare boat key, spare keys for the locks on both boat trailers.... not to mention house keys

Was fabbing up my own linkage for my single sidedraft Weber 45dcoe

Ended up buying the kits from pierce manifolds

80555415-98C7-4E87-973C-72BA1DDF3A4D_zps

DA808A61-1F10-43E9-804E-9D79B2CFDB56_zps

Came out to $80 with shipping, guess it's not too bad for a quality product designed and made for the application.... instead of me nabbing stainless scraps from work

Do you have the link to the parts for the linkage by chance? I like that bottom mount piece.

Did a little more work

Pulled the vinyl mats which are in really good shape minus all the dirt

09B1E852-4BEA-465D-B82D-4882ACD3ADB8_zps

Did some cleaning

Found some surface rust in the typical spots, put stripper down to take the old paint off

Here's a little before:

09B1E852-4BEA-465D-B82D-4882ACD3ADB8_zps

During:

6FFDE79A-F784-4139-97E6-76A0F45EA0A0_zps

And after:

7821B720-F5FB-48D2-97AC-ABE471E9238D_zps

• Like 2

I'm still trying to find a location to weld the bung for the sensor. I may end up welding it in a location under the bed for easier access, I believe there is a grommet under the passenger side seat where electrical cables from the tail lights come in at.