1968 520

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well here are some more pictures of the truck. the doors and hood are done as well but I just need to get some pics of them to post. The bed I am using was a 521 bed some one used as a trailer and I'm using the original bed on my 521. I also had to shave the factory turn signals because the previous owner had bent the right hand fender and broke the original lens. And I believe he was unable to replace it so he cut holes in the header panel and fit 521 lens instead. So that is why that mod had to take place. lots of hole had to be welded up and filled as on most old work trucks but she runs like a top and was a very complete truck

CopyofIMPORT683.jpg

Hillsboro huh? Me too! ;) Where abouts? There's another Dave in Hillsboro, but he's a Sunny guy. I'm finding that there's a few of us in this area. We should meet up one of these days when the weather gets better. We've tried the Sonics thing, but the weather was too bad by the time.

-Brian

brian I'm not far from you, I actually bought some 521 parts from you about a year or so ago.

Hmmm, are you the guy down the street by Amy's? I used to live in an apartment. Was that where you bought the parts? Cool! Welcome! We should roll out to Canby together. Can't let these Washington guys have all the cool caravans. :)

-Brian

well I guess either being new to this or retarded is making it hard to post pictures the correct way. I have a bunch more pictures already and more soon to come but I cant seem to just post photos only the link to my photo bucket. http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm83/BACKWOODSDAVE/datsun%20520/IMPORT1203.jpgIMPORT1204.jpghttp://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm83/BACKWOODSDAVE/datsun%20520/IMPORT290.jpghttp://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm83/BACKWOODSDAVE/datsun%20520/IMPORT1201.jpg

The color is a factory I don't recall the code but its called bamboo tan, and it is the original color of the truck. I went with the white two tone to break it up a little I think it turned out pretty good. theres also some shots of the engine bay and the steelies that are going on it.IMPORT1253.jpg[/img][/img]IMPORT1245.jpg[/img][/img][/img][/img]

Woah Dave. I am so impressed with you my friend! Seriously, when I first saw photos of you 520 I thought sweet! another ratty Datto! (And I mean that as a complement.) I figured you'd be like me and slowly tinker on it over the course of a year or so, and I'd get to watch your progress. I never imagined you could get this beast looking this great in such a short time! I am flabbergasted with your coolness.

Please tell me you didn't really start this on the date of your first post, but instead you've actually been working on it for a long time to get it to this level. Otherwise I will surely curl into a ball of my own lacklusterness and weep like a 4 year old.

Also I am confused with the extra hole that appear in you rims? Must've been a 520 thing to help with drainage? My 521 doesn't have that. Or I wonder if it is to aid in removing the dog dish from the back of the wheel w/o risking damage to the front?