Datsun 710

Hello all, this is my second post here, Ive had several Z's over the years and worked on other datsuns, my question is this, it seems the wiring goes from the coil directly to the distributor, on all other datsuns I've worked on. The wires go to a junction box that goes to the electronic ignition. I'm thinking the setup on the 1976 710 is one that has the box on the distributor, anybody know for sure, and if so where to look for the proper distributor?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jrbd10, does your car have electronic ignition and if so what does it look like, I inherited 3 distributors with the car and have one that had a different setup from the other two but its wires are cut off inside the distributor, I think this is the original in the car. It doesn.t have the four point star where the points lobe is, and the pickup is different.

A '76 710 would have had points stock unless it was a California car. Cali cars had the remote ignitor EI setup, with the aforementioned junction box.

The box on the distributor wasn't introduced until the 1979 model, by then the 710 had been out of production 2 years.