Project 5Teeezy.........A Pharaoh's 510.....

Busta Nut

Last night this is how it went........

Installed new oil filter.......warmed her up........drove her around the block.......

.........pressure dropped again...... :poop: :poop:

Pulled her back up on the rack.......removed new KA oil pump.......

........installed another new KA oil pump.....

Same :poop: :poop: :poop: ...........

....................only now I have a rod knock :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop:

Busta, I'm feeling for ya. Hope it all go's well. And I love those dog terds, they remind me of the rubber ones they throw off the floats at Mardi Gras, witch is coming up here in a couple of months. I'll have to collect a few up.
  • Like 1
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well........I pretty much just fuct up big time......luckily no serious damage was done.....

Maybe too much drink......maybe too many dabs......

I didn't even think about checking the crank shaft to see if it had been ground........

....................first thing I should've done when I found out this engine was messed with....

Turns out........it was......... .25mm under.....I need oversized rod and main bearings.......fuckin' idiot.....

Makes sense now.........oil being thick on a cold start.....thick enough to seal up the extra gap between rod, crank, and bearings...

..........as soon as it gets hot and the oil thins out....I lose pressure cuz it's too thin to fill the gaps now....

What I AM confused about is why the fuck didn't knock from the beginning??

I drove this thing almost 7 miles back from the exhaust shop and not a sound came out until I lost oil pressure......

...........and it wasn't a rod knock that I heard....

......it was the timing chain rattling the first couple times I lost pressure.....

So now here I am.....staring at my engine waiting for parts......stressin'.....

I have 4 evenings left to get my car worthy for track day.....not 4 days.....4 FUCKING evenings.....

.....I'm with my kids Friday through Sunday.....and again next wednesday to thursday......

That leaves me tonight.....but I have no parts......Monday & Tuesday evenings.....

.............Thursday evening to work out bugs and retune :frantics: :hyper:   :frantics:  :hyper:  :frantics:

• Like 1

Well........I pretty much just fuct up big time......luckily no serious damage was done.....

I didn't even think about checking the crank shaft to see if it had been ground........

....................first thing I should've done when I found out this engine was messed with....

Turns out........it was......... .25mm under.....I need oversized rod and main bearings.......fuckin' idiot.....

Makes sense now.........oil being thick on a cold start.....thick enough to seal up the extra gap between rod, crank, and bearings...

..........as soon as it gets hot and the oil thins out....I lose pressure cuz it's too thin to fill the gaps now....

I drove this thing almost 7 miles back from the exhaust shop and not a sound came out until I lost oil pressure......

......it was the timing chain rattling the first couple times I lost pressure.....

I have 4 evenings left to get my car worthy for track day.....not 4 days.....4 FUCKING evenings.....

.....I'm with my kids Friday through Sunday.....and again next wednesday to thursday......

That leaves me tonight.....but I have no parts......Monday & Tuesday evenings.....

.............Thursday evening to work out bugs and retune :frantics: :hyper: :frantics: :hyper: :frantics:

Well I hope you doged a bullet on any serious damage to the motor. Good luck with it.
  • Like 1

While staring at my engine the other night....I might have had a beer in each hand....

I didn't like how dull the freeze plugs looked on this nice...clean engine.....

So I spent about 5 minutes doing this....

IMG_9459_zps3e4d2da9.jpg

IMG_9460_zps79db997a.jpg

• Like 4

Those freeze plugs are in crooked.

I know.....and it upsets me tremendously.....thx for bringin' up a sore subject......

:lol: 

Extra ride a dong.lol

just put a Damm SR20 in it already. :devil:

You got one you can get up to me tomorrow??

......again... :lol:

I'm up in your neck of the woods now during the week. I can always stop by on my way home and lend a hand

Anytime man........I know a lot of people just say that.....

.......but I really mean it..........

Wednesdays and every other Friday are the only days I don't stay late.......

.............Thursday evening to work out bugs and retune :frantics: :hyper:   :frantics:  :hyper:  :frantics:

sounds like you have 2 more helpers  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

maybe they will remind you to check the bearing size  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

I did that once years ago took a whole rod and piston and put into a motor unchecked 

it ran with a rod knock for almost a year before putting a large hole in the side of the block  :poop:  :poop:

• Like 1