Project 5Teeezy.........A Pharaoh's 510.....

Busta Nut

Sup everyone! I've been checkin out this site for a little over a week now, and I gotta say that this is the sweetest Datsun site I have EVER seen!! I've had my dime for 12 years now but its been sitting in my garage for 11 1/2. In that time, I've picked up a '72 240z, '02 frontier SC, and a couple of kids(Love'em to death!), but they eat money! Finishing up the engine rebuild on my prelude soon and "Project 5Teezy" is back on the front power burner. The 240z runs strong and is my fun car but has its issues. Workin on getting some pix of the work I've done so far scanned because they were takin' with a film camera. Cleaned out the inside of the car last weekend of the 11 years of pile-up. Pulled out about 20 picture frames, 2 footballs, a basketball, 2 baseball mitts, a dozen posters, and a shit-ton of parts I had bought back in the day. This is the first pic I ever took.

Scan_Pic0099.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More pix as promised.

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

Interior is not completely stock but at least there's something

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

All the part I had

IMG_0288.jpg

Wish the whole car was this shiny

IMG_0289.jpg

Hate the shaved handle and gas cap. Gonna have to find me some parts!

IMG_0286.jpg

Worst part of the car is the rear trunk area. Must've been rear ended.

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

Lucked out on the bumpers. Both clean and straight enough.

IMG_0298.jpg

I did a bunch of work 10 years ago that is now covered in dust. Didn't really know what I was doing then so I need to go back and do some clean-up. At least it was stored in my garage. Still workin on getting the old pix transfered.

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

FINALLY!! My friend took her sweet time getting me these pix but they're finally here!

This is the only pic I have from the day I bought her.

Scan_Pic0099.jpg

Before I took it apart.

Scan_Pic0103.jpg

Scan_Pic0102.jpg

Scan_Pic0101.jpg

Scan_Pic0100.jpg

Like I said before, this was before the time of digital cams. Don't have any pics of the engine before or during assembly. Pulled engine, trans, and suspension out.

Scan_Pic0104.jpg

Looking back I should've shortened the strut. Info was limited back then. Cut the perch and cleaned them up.

Scan_Pic0110.jpg

Scan_Pic0108.jpg

Scan_Pic0111.jpg

Primed and painted crossmember and steering components. Replace all wearing parts with new ones. Except the steering box. Recently found out you can use one from a 79-82 210 because they have a better ratio. That is on the "to do" list along with shortening the strut towers.

Scan_Pic0105.jpg

Scan_Pic0106.jpg

...and as you can see, the engine is back together. Had RPM Engines in Santa Rosa bore out my 1.6 to a 1.8. All the internals are new with the exception of the cam and crank. Bought two Weber 40mm side drafts for it. The Z came along, bought one more and put them on it.

Again looking back now, wish I did some things different. One would be removing the battery tray. The other would be welding up the thousand holes in the bay. But anyway, sand blasted, primed, and painted the engine bay.

Scan_Pic0113.jpg

Scan_Pic0114.jpg

Scan_Pic0115.jpg

Scan_Pic0116.jpg

Scan_Pic0117.jpg

Scan_Pic0118.jpg

Scan_Pic0119.jpg

• Like 2

Put the crossmember and suspension back in.

Scan_Pic0121.jpg

Headlights and turn signals

Scan_Pic0123.jpg

I wasn't a big fan of painting all the chrome black. So I stripped the grill and headlight bezels.

Scan_Pic0126.jpg

Scan_Pic0125.jpg

Scan_Pic0124.jpg

Got that far then bought the Z. Then life put ALL my projects to a grinding halt. I've been fortunate enough to have the space to keep everything indoors. Now, life is in order and back on track. The Z has never run better, the Lude is going back together, and the burner the 5Teezy is on has a spark! Let the building begin!!!

• Like 3
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

nice, mine has all four door handles shaved and it looks like crap :blush: ...

looking to sell the extra radio bezel you have in the trunk :D ???

-Rob

Not yet...I can't even remember all the parts I had bought for this car.

It will be at the shop soon...I'll let ya know if I decide to sell any parts....don't hold your breath though.

Is this your new daily driver? Or still project phase?

Still in the project phase....

Have'nt decided what to do about the Z situation...i'll be updating tonight on the Z thread.

Taking more shit apart....

• 6 months later...

Yes!! Been TOO long......left my camera at the shop last night so no oics to upload yet.

Got her all vacuumed out and went through some of the part I have......more parts in the trunk.

I stood around staring at her for a while......admiring her :wub: ....thinking about what to do to her :devil: ........OH the fun we will have!!

I've got A LOT to do before Canby........might need some help with this...... :mellow:

Here is where she sat......down a couple houses from where I used to live...

She had a car cover.....but those bastards that I call friends didn't keep it on there and moved out of the house.

.......pricks! :fu:

IMG_3486_zpse7ea5a7e.jpg

IMG_3487_zps56c450a8.jpg