My new purchase

datsun 521 ute

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 2 different door lock knobs and was wondering which one is the original, if either are? As you can tell my window winders aren't original either, but you think they would atleast get some that match :wacko:.

doorlocks.jpg

DSC00391.jpg

One of the best things about this car is the floor mat is still intact and no holes. Although is has a small split and a couple small pieces missing but is the best mat I have ever seen in person.

so i didnt want to order them from tiawann but i did anyway. Also the new euro turn signals below the the.headlights. My truck doesnt have the holes for the sidemarkers in the fenderrs..but i ordered those too. If ya can could you take a picture of each fender with a view from the side? Thatd be awesome so i put them in the right spot. Thanks. Also, nice interior.never seen one that clean.

so i didnt want to order them from tiawann but i did anyway. Also the new euro turn signals below the the.headlights. My truck doesnt have the holes for the sidemarkers in the fenderrs..but i ordered those too. If ya can could you take a picture of each fender with a view from the side? Thatd be awesome so i put them in the right spot. Thanks. Also, nice interior.never seen one that clean.

Thanks, hope this helps.

gaurd.jpg

Well mechanically the ute is almost finished other than fit the SU's and new exhaust, but that will be later. Only need to go and buy me a grease gun to grease up all the new joints and spindle bushes.

Took the right gaurd off today to find more rust in the door pillar and valance/apron. No wonder why this thing is all rusted out in the corners. All this dirt and then some was sitting in behind the front parker light. The picture shows only about half of what I ended up getting out.DSC00398.jpgDSC00395.jpgDSC00397.jpgDSC00394.jpg

So I have made templates for replacement sections and will have my first attempt ever at making any kind of rust repairs and not using bog/filler. Will take off the left gaurd tommorow to see what needs to be done on that side. Not looking forward to it that's for sure.

Lowering blocks illegal in au? Wow. They are really tough on the car laws down there. Thanks for the fender pic. Coupldnt have asked for better

yes unfortunately they are which is why I had my leafs re-set. You're welcome.

This thread is inspiring!

Good work on the truck.

Thank you, if only my wife thought so. The more I am pulling it apart and finding things that need to be fixed on it the more she is getting frustrated with me and the car.

Greased all joints and bushes so only thing left is a wheel allignment. Made all the rust repair sections for the right side today and tomorrow will be the left sides turn. For my first attempt I am pretty happy with them, won't know for sure though until they are welded in and then see what they look like.

DSC00402.jpg

Go for it and tell your wife you loved her but you have a new girl now and she will just have to get over it.haha my wife gives me crap but good crap all the time.

I have to admit my wife is pretty understanding but when I'm not working and spending our savings on the ute when it was suppose to be all good and ready to go, I don't blame her.

When my girlfriend first rode in my 521 she hated it. She told me she was.never gonna ride in it ever again. But since i blew up my chevy she has no choice. She likes it more now..she helped install my heater motor.

Wow, I wish I could get my Mrs helping me. She hates it when I get her to help me bleed the brakes.

wow looks like its going to the car show.good work

Thanks MrB, I hate rust. I want to leave it and hide it but I know it's there and will bug me forever if I don't fix it.

is that the hazard switch i sent you

That is Royal Sierras ute not mine. I am still after the bracket and the plug off the loom with atleast 4" of the loom. The aussie utes didn't get the hazard switch so the plug isn't in the loom either.

I have 5 weeks to have this finished.

wow that's a really clean repair. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks bluey.

After making the repair sections I cut out the rust today and fitted the sections and pretty happy with my results. Just need those panel sections now for the left side, anyone?

DSC00425-Copy.jpgThe rust pictured next to the repair in the bottom of the door pillar has also been cut out but no picture yet.

DSC00426-Copy.jpgDSC00427-Copy.jpgDSC00430-Copy.jpgDSC00424-Copy.jpgDSC00423-Copy.jpgDSC00422-Copy.jpg