It's on, Got a swap for my 210!

Lonestar

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*Nods* Aye, that it will, up to a certain HP. I believe the little 210 rear ends will handle up to 200 HP, I'm not real sure but I know GGzilla will. If you can find the highly sought after H190 rear end out of an 80-83 (I think) 200sx, you'll have a direct bolt end with rear disc brake upgrade!

I believe the little 210 rear ends will handle up to 200 HP

I have a very hard time believing this. :P

Of course, without 5000rpm clutch dumps and drag racing, it'd probably last forever. But there's no fun in that...

But to be serious, how much horsepower it can handle is kind of a meaningless question. How much torque it can handle is what's important here. :thumbup:

It would live for a long time behind a 240HP Honda F20C (low torque), but quickly die behind a 150HP KA24E (lots of torque).

I believe the little 210 rear ends will handle up to 200 HP

See, key words there, "I BELIEVE", means I ain't got the sightest dam clue what those rear ends can handle. I never said I was right which is why I guessed! :P Now we know...and knowing is half the battle!

datsunfreak is absolutely correct -- how much horsepower it can handle is kind of a meaningless question. That's not opinion, it's fact. Gearboxes are rated for torque, not horsepower.

H150 is estimated for 125 ft lbs. But that's an estimate based on ring gear size and Nodular iron case. It might be less. We know that the largest engine Datsun fitted them behind was the A15. That's only about 80 ft lbs torque. Even some A12s got the vastly larger H165 (put the ring gears side by side and you'll see the huge difference).

210 came with a 5.9 inch rear end.

I have a very hard time believing this. :P

Of course, without 5000rpm clutch dumps and drag racing, it'd probably last forever. But there's no fun in that...

But to be serious, how much horsepower it can handle is kind of a meaningless question. How much torque it can handle is what's important here. :thumbup:

It would live for a long time behind a 240HP Honda F20C (low torque), but quickly die behind a 150HP KA24E (lots of torque).

Umm, they both make around 160ft-lbs of torque. And the instant inertia from a FC 8000rpm clutch drop vs a KA 5000rpm the FC would induce more stress on parts any way around it.

So how can you tell the h-190 apart from others besides taking it apart i just got the diff out of an 83 200sx automatic is it the h-190 its disc brake and definitely looks bigger than the stock diff

Sorry for the thread jack

Umm, they both make around 160ft-lbs of torque.

Not exactly. ;)

Yes, the F20C makes 152 ft.lb. of torque. At 7500rpm. Then bangs into a rev limiter at 9000rpm.

The KA24E makes 140-150 ft.lb of torque at 2500rpm. And continues making it until 5500rpm. And peaks at 4400rpm (152tq).

While the peak numbers are identical, the two engines could not be more different in torque output through the rev range. If you look at a dyno chart for the KA24E you'll see the torque "curve" goes straight up at 2300-2400rpm, flattens out and stays there right at peak torque until 5500 where it nose dives. The F20C is a slow steady climb that doesn't reach max torque until near redline. Area under the curve is much better with the KA24E obviously, and it definitely "feels" much stronger. So I can't help but think it's shock load on the drivetrain is more severe?

• 9 months later...

Update, I'm useing my 210 as a DD cruiser til my 68 goon is ready to hit the road. So while I work on that, I'm starting my planning on the 210 by figuring out if I want the 240sx IRS under it or one from a Z car.

Update, I'm useing my 210 as a DD cruiser til my 68 goon is ready to hit the road. So while I work on that, I'm starting my planning on the 210 by figuring out if I want the 240sx IRS under it or one from a Z car.

ah, ok. so what are you going to be using the 210 for? track carr!?! [:

Hell no, I'm going to run this baby on the street and watch as my ride gets more looks than those over priced flashy PoS's driven by know it all 16 year olds. No offense Jalen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

So a little bit of an update. Been driving my 210 when I can while working on this.

GOPR0018_zpsc3407954.jpg

Was taking a break and looking over my 210 when I noticed something..

GOPR0021_zpsffb080e3.jpg

Hold up, something looks off...

GOPR0022_zps82271d14.jpg

...it would seem my grill broke one of it's mount tabs...

GOPR0024_zps8c654685.jpg

well-fuck_c_741008_zps139cd172.jpg

It's cool tho...got something in the works from Aus coming soon. :3

• 1 year later...

Bumping this thread back in hopes that you've figured out the 240sx rear yet. I'm also looking for a h190 rear, but its such a biotch to find. If IRS is possible in a 1979 b310 coupe just like your sedan, then that is what I want to go for.

I'd rather get parts for a 240sx than for a 200sx. There's a whole lot more aftermarket parts for the 240sx than a 200sx h190.

Even tho I still have the IRS setup. It'd take a lot to do but it is doable! There was someone on here that already did this to a 210, forgot his name but he did right. The biggest pain will having to cut and weld the subframe setup to fit under the car, then cutting and welding the floor out of the 210's rear to fit the IRS subframe for it all. The only place that does pro is MADDAT and they are in Aussie land.