chevy/gmc steelies

Newkid

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm running Chevy 15x8 rally (rallye ?) wheels with chrome trim rings on my 521. No pics handy. I researched this and saved thread links.

- Chevy rally wheels duh

- Another one

- Ratsun - Chev Wheels thread Not much pics, but some discussion

- 620 Wheel, Rims and Tires thread - No rallyes, but cool trucks there

- Any one running 15x8's? Pics - Check out datto510's 521 with the red Rally wheels.

- Show off your truck wheels

Yore welcome. Not 620s, but here's a couple inspiring trucks.

datsunboatshop1.jpg

050908_521_01.jpg

i havent bought them, but i like the look of the chevy ralleys i think ima end up picking some of those up cuz they really do look good on the datsuns, back to searching CL for a set...wait will the chevy rallies work with the disc upgrade also?? also what size tires are a good set to run on the chevy rallys and do i need spacers to run them?

I don't know what came on the 620...

but for the 521 it was 185/70r14 stock.

185/70r14 is 24.2" diameter.

195/60r15 is also 24.2" So on a 15x7, this would be ideal.

So since these rally's are 15x8, a bigger tire would definitely fit.

When I buy new tires for my rally wheels, I'm going after some 195/65r15's.

As for the brake upgrade...these will fit.

Those ones you originally posted don't appear to have enough dish.

I think you would have rubbing problems IF they were able to fit on there.

IMG_20120216_223110.jpg

IMG_20120216_223120.jpg

my $100 score, now to figure out how to get those damn tires off and clean the up and paint them, anyone want some beauty rings

Nice - I got almost the same deal. If you take off the balance weights with pliers, you can clean and paint the whole rim - no need to worry about overspray! :P Then you take 'em to the tire shop and they scar the crap out of your new paint job.

What, the rings don't do it for you? Shiniest part on my truck! I ditched the "hubcaps" though - have two "4X4" ones.

Nice - I got almost the same deal. If you take off the balance weights with pliers, you can clean and paint the whole rim - no need to worry about overspray! :P Then you take 'em to the tire shop and they scar the crap out of your new paint job.

What, the rings don't do it for you? Shiniest part on my truck! I ditched the "hubcaps" though - have two "4X4" ones.

im going to pull everything off including those center 4x4 hubcap things,im thinking about taking them to get powdercoated maybe, but nope the beauty rings just dont do it for me lol..now i just have to figure out a color to go with...

i really like this color

1_IMG956483.jpg

but i dont want to be a copycat :P

ill do your wheels for like 45 bucks including all the materials, any color you want and ill clear coat them, it will be a rattle can job but it'll look good

Powdercoat. Chrome never looks right on a steelies of any sort. What color is your 620?

right now the truck is primered black and i plan on having it painted later on thou back to the original orange or a lil draker

Do they have Les Schwab's in Sac?

$30 a wheel.

yes we do

whats $30 a wheel? powdercoating??

right now the truck is primered black and i plan on having it painted later on thou back to the original orange or a lil draker

yes we do

whats $30 a wheel? powdercoating??

Go with a gunmetal, metallic grey or something.

$30 a wheel seems to be the consensus online. You will figure out the color from the options Les Schwab gives, though they are simply taking your wheels to a outside powder coater I do believe.

theres a couple PC shops around my area that i know of that i might be able to get a better deal with.....but i like the gunmetal gray idea but i also like the color of these wheels on this truck, just cant seem to figure out the name of the color..looks like metallic gold or something

1_IMG956483.jpg