picnic at hanging rock, australia

Gary

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhi

ive got some pics of a local(ish) car show, there were a few datsuns out so i thought you might want to see em :D the show probably had a couple thousand cars rock out, the rules were anything 25 years or older, from japanese to euro to australian to american - heaps of different kinds turned out - 5 or 6 purvis eurekas, a couple deloreans, a bunch of rat dubs (a bug and a couple combies), 60's vettes and chevs, some 30-40's rods, some nissan representation, a bunch of celicas and rollas and crowns (even an early century), shit loads of falcons (so many there they didnt seem all that interesting), camaros and firebirds and impalas and tbirds and early fiats and alfas, fair selection of r100's and RXx's, heaps of cool shit

out of the datsun lot there were a couple prince skylines, a bunch of roadsters, some 510's with SR's FJ's and L's, a 520 (only one datsun pickup other than mine :(), a 1000, a fair lot of zeds, a 260C wagon (cool as shit), a couple 180B's and a 1200. might have been more, ive probably either forgotten or i didnt catch em

hangingrock_12_1.jpg

hangingrock_12_2.jpg

hangingrock_12_3a.jpg

hangingrock_12_3.jpg

hangingrock_12_4.jpg

hangingrock_12_5.jpg

hangingrock_12_6.jpg

hangingrock_12_7.jpg

hangingrock_12_8.jpg

hangingrock_12_9.jpg

hangingrock_12_10.jpg

hangingrock_12_11.jpg

hangingrock_12_12.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See! It DOES fit! *Looks outside at his Q* Someday....

We need a Ratsun "Traveller's Exchange" housing program. I'd LOVE to visit Australia.. well, except for the whole "mother nature wants your bitch ass DEAD!" bit. :)

Seriously, fuck this guy:

FunnelWebSpider.jpg

Its something like the top ten Worlds Deadliest snakes live in Australia and like the top six spiders live there as well... its also home to Great White Sharks and Portuguese Man-o-War.

I've always wanted to visit Australia, this makes me want to visit even more.

I spent a week in Australia and I had a blast; it was an absolutely amazing time. My favorite part (other than the Submariner chicks as Im a Submariner myself) is Kebabs. Oh my God so delicious. Those places are everywhere... If youre looking at getting over there and snot spending money on a place to stay, you could always look at couchsurfing.org Its a great program.

See! It DOES fit! *Looks outside at his Q* Someday....

width wise fits fine :D there was about 30cm between the back of the engine and the firewall though, it had a (im guessing R33 GTST) 5speed and adaptor which i guess meant it was better to have the engine further forward to suit the shifter position. ive got more pics if you want to see

That 520 is freekin sweet!!!!!

Did the roadsters come with L engines elsewhere or was that maybe swapped in?? :blink:

man that 520 was immaculate, didnt look restored at all either :)

only guessing with the roadster, but id say since the stock engines are hard to get parts for here the owner might have dropped an L in instead

What is the name of the silver wagon with the rumble seat in the way back rocking the black steelies? I want one!

its a datsun 260C, i think its related to cedric/glorias

Did any cars go missing during the picnic?

i was tempted to make a few of those roadsters go missing :P

We need a Ratsun "Traveller's Exchange" housing program. I'd LOVE to visit Australia.. well, except for the whole "mother nature wants your bitch ass DEAD!" bit. :)

Seriously, fuck this guy:

FunnelWebSpider.jpg

Funnel web spiders are seriously nasty...those fangs can go thru a fingernail....and they are aggressive when approached...they rear up and get ready to fight.

Nice pics Gary, Wish we had more "mixed" meets here...but it seems to be slowly changing towards that a little bit at a time..

was my pleasure taking the pics :D theres a mainly datsun meet in a few weeks i think, pretty sure i can make it out

Do u know the owner of that 520??

nope :( would have been cool to catch him. its funny i knew 7 or 8 people who were attending that day, i found 2 of em wandering about but after a good 4-5 hours of walking i didnt bump into any of the others, just their cars. the show was hugeeee