1200 dash into B210

datsunfreak

Been working on this for a few weeks, and several people asked me about it, so here's some oics... :cool:

'72 1200 dash frame, no foam pad, no serious mods to frame, replaced face with flat steel, drilled holes for Auto Meter gauges, painted it satin black, and popped it in.

Had to drill two new holes in the top (to line up with the B210 top mounts), side bolts lined up fairly well, trimmed it a tiny bit around the column, not much else to tell.

Looks more racing than the B210 "Starship Enterprise" dash.

crap_004.JPG

crap_005.JPG

Not pretty, but very functional. Shaved about 8 pounds (and 25 wires) from the car too. :cool:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"im going to be late to work today, my cars floor is too warm"

that probably wouldnt go over too well. lol. even if you are in an emissions county/state, you can just delete the cat and no more hot feet., since in GA (i'm assuming other places are similar) the cutoff date is 25 years before the current year. so here it's 87. i'm grandfathered in by 11 years. i can do whatever i feel like doing with my emissions system.

yeah but put your seat belts on!!!!!!!

if that bugs you, its a really easy fix. you can unhook the plug at the seatbelt and disable the whole system, or if the buzzer annoys the crap out of you but you still would like the light to remind you, then just unplug the buzzer. its really easy. if you can pop the whole bezel out that has the egr and seat belt lights, you can probably fit your hand in there to unplug one of the wires going to the buzzer.

One of the many reasons I'm glad my B210 is a '75 and doesn't have a cat... :P

Tim's B210 (pictured above) is a '77 and does have a cat. Or rather, did. :cool:

i guess 75 was probably the best year. less emissions junk and it still is late enough to have the a14

mine was emissions free when i got it so there wasnt anything to worry about.

It's not emissions, or having a cat I'm worried about. It's that the later year cars that came with cats have a giant hump in the floor just above the cat. The early non-cat cars don't have the hump.

When you're 6'3", finding seats that are comfortable and will clear that hump is difficult to say the least... ;)

And the early cars having less emissions crap to take off is a nice bonus.

It's not emissions, or having a cat I'm worried about. It's that the later year cars that came with cats have a giant hump in the floor just above the cat. The early non-cat cars don't have the hump.

When you're 6'3", finding seats that are comfortable and will clear that hump is difficult to say the least... ;)

And the early cars having less emissions crap to take off is a nice bonus.

oh ok. lol. i'm 5'8" so thats not even close to an issue