pic of your truck

Icehouse

So, back in the 80's my neighbor painted my first Datsun 620 a burgundy color that was custom. He mixed a lot of colors and he came up with something that was very similar to what I am rocking right now. Unfortunately that truck was stolen from me in 92.  When I bought this 620 wanted the same look, but I wasn't sure what he mixed, so I decided to look at newer cars and try to find something very close to it. I decided that the Hondas had a color that was pretty close. The color is called crimson pearl. When its in the shade it is pretty dark, but when the sun hits it, the color changes and the pearl really comes out. It is not perfect, but I am very happy with the way it came out.

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love those! Got two of those and two Kodak Brownies. Been meaning to do some car stuff with them, just mainly shoot people with them...

Nice! Yeah I picked the Argus up years ago at thrift store, never thought I'd use it, but I then got back into shooting with my Pentax MX and, in the process, realized you could still get 120film and cut it down to fit the old 620film cameras. On my third roll now! The first didn't turn out so good, didn't realize that the shutter was set to time (bulb) and most of the pictures were blurry.

• Like 1

That's partly why I have so many. I trim the rolls down in a dark room then preload the cameras. Then when I run out, I just go to the next camera and keep shooting.   :P

Cool! The Holga looks to have a much closer focal point than the Brownie. Have you ever used the portrait lens adapter? I have one for my Argus but haven't tried it yet, seems like the focal point is at about ten feet, so anything past that can be supprisingly sharp.

28909418205_d7d349e11d_c.jpgXL 250 by Benjamin Scott Cook, on Flickr

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I just scored this Hardbody truck last night. I've been looking for one on and off for a while now. This one popped up on CL and I had to get it.

It runs great. It has been well cared for. Overall, it is very clean.

A099D2B9-4983-47E0-8EB2-EFFC2827EA31_zps

1995 Nissan Hardbody King Cab 4X4

VG30 V6 with auto trans.

145k miles

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...